News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Help with Model 500 Wiring

Started by pz1, November 03, 2010, 09:49:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pz1

I am here, now. To see the wiring diagram for my Northern Telecom 500 telephone. How do I find the wiring diagram. I clicked on everything.
I am so lost here, but like all Forums, we all learn how it works..as mentioned, my bell won't work, everything else seems to on the Verizon tone system
Thank you very much, indeed ! ;)

Wow ! I found diagrams..now, what is the system that Verizon uses, in California..

I'm clueless..where can I send my 500 to have it looked at...Or should i just sell it or give it to a Thrift Shop?
Thank you !
Pete

Dan

Pete, place a picture of your phone in the troubleshooting and repair section, I am sure we can get it to ring !
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Dennis Markham

I moved this to Trouble Shooting and Repair in order to maintain the "Read Only" status of the Wiring Diagram topic.  I have locked that (now) so it is read only.

~Dennis

AE_Collector

Quote from: Dennis Markham on November 04, 2010, 09:44:02 PM
I moved this to Trouble Shooting and Repair in order to maintain the "Read Only" status of the Wiring Diagram topic.  I have locked that (now) so it is read only.

~Dennis

I was wondering how pz1 managed to post in there! Thought that maybe you missed locking that one thread.

Terry

bingster

Quote from: pz1 on November 03, 2010, 09:49:14 AM
I'm clueless..where can I send my 500 to have it looked at...Or should i just sell it or give it to a Thrift Shop?
Thank you !
Pete
Welcome to the forum, Pete.  You don't have to give up your phone, or even send it off.  You can repair it yourself, honest!  If you can't make any headway with the diagram, then try to post a sharp, clear photo of the wiring inside the phone, and we can help determine what's wrong.
= DARRIN =

Partyline4

Is this an automatic electric?

If so I have the pictures to help you out.

AE_Collector

I don't think we are going to hear back from pz1. His one and only post was in 2010.

Terry