19and41

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

RB

Drat...missed 2...did not know wut a hacker was :o

Argee

missed 2 as well, hacker and Lamppost instead of Gas Lamp

Fushigi Ojisan

Gen X-er, missed three (hacker, coffee grinder, and one other).

Most of them were no-brainers, and a few required more brains.

Interesting to me is that they couldn't be bothered to use the full name of the Atari Video Computer System (VCS).  Its from its part number (CX-2600) that it got its identity later on (and all Atari-made games have a part number that begin CZ-26XX, when they got to 100, they added another character rather than go to 2700)

Also, that tape deck was technically a receiver that happened to have a built-in 8-track.   

Fushigi Ojisan
Otaku with interesting hobbies

Fabius

Missed 2. Picked pepper grinder instead of coffee grinder. Forgot the 2nd miss.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

jsowers

Missed the same two as Argee. That lamp was on a lamp post, so they needed to point an arrow to the lamp. A smaller version of what they call hackling we call a hetchel and it was for turning flax into linen. My parents collected antiques my entire childhood, so I've seen lots of this stuff. That tape recorder was for recording 8-track tapes and it was just a recording deck. You had to plug it into your receiver to record anything.
Jonathan

oldguy

I guessed correctly on hackling but had no idea what it was. I missed the Atari, I knew it was a video game but my oldest boys 1st video game was the Nintendo Intertainment System (NES). I forget the second one I missed. Was the phone push button or rotary dial? It looked like push button.
Gary

mentalstampede

Quote from: oldguy on June 07, 2018, 11:54:01 PM
I guessed correctly on hackling but had no idea what it was. I missed the Atari, I knew it was a video game but my oldest boys 1st video game was the Nintendo Intertainment System (NES). I forget the second one I missed. Was the phone push button or rotary dial? It looked like push button.

It's a modern "pushbutton" copy of a 302. So not a rotary phone at all, really. And they put phonograph in there twice; the first time as a "record player." These things make me shake my head sometimes, and I'm not that old.
My name is Kenn, and I like telephones.

"Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something." --Robert Heinlein

Dan/Panther

I missed the Milk bottle. We used to have our milk delivered in a glass bottle. Never saw one with that small a neck.
Hacker, and the shoe lace button device.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

FABphones

The link gives me 'currently unavailable'. Shame, looks like it was interesting.
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

twocvbloke

Quote from: FabPhones on June 08, 2018, 03:01:31 PM
The link gives me 'currently unavailable'. Shame, looks like it was interesting.

Same here, it'll be that GDPR nonsense in action again...

Haf

Yeah, same here too. And even same with some other links recently like this one from another topic http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=20626.0;topicseen

https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/53540771 ( dead link 06-19-21 )

access denied from the page. Sad.

Haf
Telephone:
0049-030-55474418
1-415-449-4743
1-604-757-7474

HarrySmith

Both of those links worked fine for me?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

twocvbloke

Quote from: HarrySmith on June 08, 2018, 09:02:51 PM
Both of those inks worked fine for me?

It's EU interference, those of us stuck in the Union that us brits are leaving are being hammered by internet law changes which the US isn't interested in (and neither are we to be honest), and the simplest solution to avoid compliance, they just block us...  :-\

A number of US-based websites I've tried getting to that were useable pre-GDPR are now either saying I'm blocked, they don't load, or they refuse access due to location...

19and41

Quote from: Dan/Panther on June 08, 2018, 01:28:06 PM
I missed the Milk bottle. We used to have our milk delivered in a glass bottle. Never saw one with that small a neck.
Hacker, and the shoe lace button device.
D/P

I believe European milk bottles had a narrow neck.  North American bottles had the crinolated mouth for the pog insert.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke