"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE 554 A/B Rotary Dial Problems

Started by Emandile57, May 07, 2020, 09:23:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emandile57

Hello!

I recently got a WE 554 wall rotary dial phone that was previously hard wired in my Great Grandmother's house. I have since connected a phone jack cord to the wires and have tested it. I get a dial tone, and the phone rings and I can receive calls on it.

When I try to dial out, it beeps and then does a busy tone. When I got the phone, the rotary was barely moving at all, and I have since cleaned it and got it working to what I thought was a correct speed. But since testing it today I suppose it should probably be faster because it times out.

I have also looked at some wiring diagrams and everything looks correctly wired as well.

Any ideas of what the problem could be? Or how to go about fixing it? I know little to nothing about these types of phones but I have been doing some research and just haven't found much that is specific to this phone.

Thanks!

RB

Hi
I Think you answered your question.
If the dial is slow or fast, it may not sync with the co.
I would suspect, dirty or mis aligned mechanics.
If you cant get to work correctly. Steve Hilz does a great job at a very reasonable price.
Regards

I guess one of the first questions is what type of phone service do you have? Pots or Voip?