and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Time travel

Started by Greg G., February 22, 2010, 04:28:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

Quote from: Dan/Panther on February 23, 2010, 01:08:51 PM
Briny;
Could you post a link to the film you mention. I can't find it.
D/P

I checked it out, I guess all the films on this Youtube account have the same link.  The way I found it is once the film ends, there is an arrow on the right to click ahead to thumbnails of the other films.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Dan/Panther

Two side notes to the Earthquake and fire that followed.
Some photographs were actually touched up to give the appearance of maximum damage to buildings that were not terribly damaged, for insurance purposes. I found a site once that showed pictures right after thew quake, and then again days later and the photos didn't match the building appeared to fix themselves in some cases.
The Military came in and actually dynamited building to stop the fires, which I've read made the situation even worse.
very weird watching those films to realize not one of those people are now living.
Nor will anyone now be here in 2110. Adults that is.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

McHeath

But our phones will still be working.  How ironically funny is that?

Greg G.

Quote from: McHeath on February 23, 2010, 09:36:11 PM

But our phones will still be working.  How ironically funny is that?

I'm going to start etching on the inside of the case "I was here."
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Craig T

Dennis Markham

I've noticed a few initials written in pencil inside phones that I have worked on.  I assume they're the installer or service person's initials.  I have been known to scratch my initials in pencil on a phone now and then.  I autographed this one for AtomicEraTom when I did his phone at Christmas time.  The good thing about using pencil is that he can wash it off it he'd rather it not be there.

Dan

"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Dennis Markham

AET

Ironically, that pencil scratching is one of my very favorite things about that phone.  It's a definite one of a kind!!!
- Tom

jiggerman

Quote from: AtomicEraTom on February 23, 2010, 01:45:38 PM
I dress much more formally than most people my age. I NEVER go anywhere without my hair combed (and plenty of Brylcreem in it) and a collared shirt, tucked in.  I couldn't stand to be out in less than that.

My dad is the opposite.  I've seen him wear a collared shirt probably twice in my life.  He told me when he was a kid, he was running late for school and forgot to put his collared shirt on, and when he got there with only his t-shirt on, they sent him home.  Ah, the good old days.

I didn't know they still sold Brylcreem but I guess they do. I think I might just cut my hair and go buy a tube. This is the commercial I remember as a kid. Jiggerman                                                                                                  http://tinyurl.com/b95ap8

AET

Brylcreem is available in the shaving section of Wal-Mart and K-Mart I know for sure.  I buy it at both places, and used to stock it at K-Mart haha.
- Tom

Greg G.

Quote from: jiggerman on March 02, 2010, 08:06:48 PM
I didn't know they still sold Brylcreem but I guess they do. I think I might just cut my hair and go buy a tube. This is the commercial I remember as a kid. Jiggerman                                                                                                  http://tinyurl.com/b95ap8

Brylcream, Wildroot, Vitalis, maybe a couple others are still available.  For some reason, they put them in the men's shaving section in drug stores. 
- Mike Row
e

AET

I didn't know Wildroot still was.  I do buy Vitalis and K-Marts much cheaper alternative American Fare.
- Tom

Bill Cahill

"Brylcream. A little dab will do ya. Brylcream. You'll look so debonaire. But, watch out! The girls will all pursue ya! They love to get their fingers in your hair!" ;D
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

bwanna

cool old time footage, briny. i noticed the total mayhem in the street. cars & buggys going every which way & the close calls with the streetcars :o

how i would have loved to live in a time when hats & gloves were a must for ladies. now, even when i dress in what in what i would call dressy casual, i feel over dressed.  :(
donna