News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Sniping services

Started by oldguy, August 11, 2018, 05:45:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldguy

I got out bid in the last few seconds on a phone on eBay. So I was looking at the "sniper Program" thread from 2014. Just thought I would see if anybody has any updates on services they use & if their fees. My internet is slow, so I can't wait until the last second to bid, so something web based would be the best for me. Any help would be appreciated.
Gary

kleenax

Quote from: oldguy on August 11, 2018, 05:45:42 PM
I got out bid in the last few seconds on a phone on eBay. So I was looking at the "sniper Program" thread from 2014. Just thought I would see if anybody has any updates on services they use & if their fees. My internet is slow, so I can't wait until the last second to bid, so something web based would be the best for me. Any help would be appreciated.
I am looking for the same thing Gary. I just manually snipe now, but I would really like a web-based program.
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

RotarDad

I know some folks here have used snipe services.  I think WEBellSystemChristian has used one.  My issue has been the need to give your password to the snipe provider, and I just can't bring myself to do that.  I guess I could set up a new EBay account just for this purpose, but I'd still be hesitant.  Other opinions?  I don't think the forum has discussed this recently.
Paul

ReneRondeau

I have used eSnipe for many years now (esnipe.com). It works great and costs very little, and I have never had any security issues. When I see something that interests me, I decide my maximum price and input it to esnipe, then walk away. If my bid is successful, great! If not, then it was too expensive and I shrug it off. It helps avoid getting caught up in auction fever and bidding more than I really want to.

Fabius

I have used myibidder for several year. It is reliable and it is free. And surprising very little spam. I highly recommend it.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Pourme

I've never used one but have wondered about them....This is interesting, tell me more..... :)
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Fabius

Quote from: Pourme on August 11, 2018, 09:35:03 PM
I've never used one but have wondered about them....This is interesting, tell me more..... :)

As I mentioned I use myibidder.com. One you register you set when you want the snipe to launch. They recommend 5 seconds but I set my snipes to 4 seconds. Once registered and you're ready to snipe you log in and get a simple form where you enter the item number and how much to bid. The best part is that it is free. I have no connect to them other then being a user.

https://www.myibidder.com/
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

twocvbloke

I've been using myibidder for years (since it was called myibay in fact), very useful for when I want to bid on something but forget about it or when asleep due to my wonderful sleeping issues, rather than trying to snipe things out from other bidders' hands, it's a handy tool and has browser addons to integrate it into ebay auctions, so don't have to go to their site to add items manually... :)

Dan/Panther

I've tried a few different sites but for the past 8 years I've used, EZ Sniper. Never had a single incident where a bid was not placed.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

tubaman

I've been using Auction Sniper for many years now and have had no issues with it.
It does charge - the greater of $0.35 or 1.5% of the final auction price (max $14.99), but only if you win of course.
I know there are free alternatives, but this has always worked for me and they are providing a service after all.

It did feel a bit like 'cheating' when I first started using it, but as already said it allows you to bid 24/7 and stops you getting caught in the last minute bidding frenzy and paying too much (been there, done that :-[)
:)

Sargeguy

I use ezSniper.  I agree, it takes a lot of the excitement out of bidding at the last minute, it is more "clinical".  You determine how much you are willing to pay and enter that amount.  Either you win or lose, your decision isn't influenced by the behavior of others. The best part is you can set your bid and forget about the auction end time (except eBay keeps reminding you of it if you Watch an item)
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Dan/Panther

Like Greg says I also use EZ Sniper, I just forgot the (  r ) at the end.

D/P

Jim Stettler

Quote from: tubaman on August 13, 2018, 08:10:12 AM
I've been using Auction Sniper for many years now and have had no issues with it.
It does charge - the greater of $0.35 or 1.5% of the final auction price (max $14.99), but only if you win of course.
I know there are free alternatives, but this has always worked for me and they are providing a service after all.

It did feel a bit like 'cheating' when I first started using it, but as already said it allows you to bid 24/7 and stops you getting caught in the last minute bidding frenzy and paying too much (been there, done that :-[)
:)
I also use auction sniper, I have been using it for years.
It works for me and the cost is fair ( in my opinion).

JMO,
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Dan/Panther

EZ Sniper charges 1 % fee. They have 3 plans available.

D/P

Pourme

~

I just happened to have this tab opened.

https://www.ezsniper.com/prices.php3
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service