News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Pink WE 593 on Ebay

Started by RotarDad, April 16, 2017, 01:34:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RotarDad

Here's an independent version of a 554 in pink.  As you may know, the 593, like the desk 591 version of the 500, does not say "BELL SYSYEM" on the shell.  These came from WE without a ringer and are often found with frequency ringers installed.  I don't remember seeing a pink one before.  This one has a matching mounting board, but is faded and the later ABS plastic.  Starting price seems high at 69.99 plus ship.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/232301499634

Paul

AL_as_needed

I like the matching mounting back plate, a nice touch when it matched. Was that something widely available? I have a 554 and a 354 that once on my wall jack jut out a bit and show off the less than eye catching mounting plate, especially the 354.

TWinbrook7

Jim Stettler

Quote from: AL_as_needed on April 16, 2017, 09:32:36 AM
I like the matching mounting back plate, a nice touch when it matched. Was that something widely available? I have a 554 and a 354 that once on my wall jack jut out a bit and show off the less than eye catching mounting plate, especially the 354.

Bell had matching wall  plates that were intended to be used on upgrading a 554 to a 2554 or a trimline. The wall plate covers the old footprint and hides the color difference on the wall.
Later versions had a  cut out for a modular wall jack.
I think the earliest versions were wood.

I have a late ITT with this style of Back plate. It is a trimpiece that is slightly larger than the phone and is attatched to the phone. The purpose is the same.

JMO,
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

AL_as_needed

Quote from: Jim S. on April 16, 2017, 09:42:02 AM
The wall plate covers the old footprint and hides the color difference on the wall.
Later versions had a  cut out for a modular wall jack.

So basically it simply acted like those "jumbo" outlet covers, and was not so much intended to cover any mounting plates etc?
TWinbrook7

Jim Stettler

Quote from: AL_as_needed on April 16, 2017, 09:48:30 AM
So basically it simply acted like those "jumbo" outlet covers, and was not so much intended to cover any mounting plates etc?
Yes. The later ones  do have a cut out to go over the wall jack.

Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

WEBellSystemChristian

I have a Light Beige soft plastic 593 from 1958. You sure don't see them very often!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford