News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Pink & Yellow "new" NE 500s

Started by canuckphoneguy, March 16, 2012, 07:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canuckphoneguy

I'm the proud new owner of two colourful NE 500s.  8)
The yellow is a 5/75 - all dates matching. I paid $9 for this beauty.
The pink one is a 70 - needs a bit of cleaning up but everything works perfectly. I got this for $42 from ebay. (and got bit with a $40 tax and handling charge as it was imported from the USA. I think it was worth it for this. I've seen pink ones go for a lot more than this on Ebay lately.

AE_Collector

Quote from: canuckphoneguy on March 16, 2012, 07:57:12 PM
(and got bit with a $40 tax and handling charge as it was imported from the USA.

Have you started planning the addition to your house yet! The phones seem to be multiplying.

I guess you missed the warnings to be sure to have US purchases shipped to Canada by Post Office to avoid a lot of the extra charges?

Terry

canuckphoneguy

Quote from: AE_collector on March 16, 2012, 09:03:45 PM

I guess you missed the warnings to be sure to have US purchases shipped to Canada by Post Office to avoid a lot of the extra charges?

I did not see that. So I should request for the seller to use the US Postal Service to ship instead of UPS?

AE_Collector

ALWAY's request that they send by US Post Office who hand off to Canada Post. Then even if you get nailed for taxes (should be no duty on made in N American items) the "handling charge" is only something like $5. The "other shipping outfits" are much more likely (almost guaranteed) to nail you for taxes AND their handling charge is something like $30.

Terry

canuckphoneguy

Thanks Terry! I will definitely do that next time. I appreciate your help. :)