News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Hello All!

Started by mentalstampede, February 26, 2014, 01:00:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mentalstampede

I suppose I should introduce myself; there's a tremendous amount of information here, and I look forward to being a part of discussions on our little hobby!

Anyhow, my name is Kenn, and I'm located in central KY.  My collection is relatively modest, less than ten phones, but it's shown signs of growing lately!
My name is Kenn, and I like telephones.

"Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something." --Robert Heinlein

DavePEI

Quote from: mentalstampede on February 26, 2014, 01:00:37 PM
I suppose I should introduce myself; there's a tremendous amount of information here, and I look forward to being a part of discussions on our little hobby!

Anyhow, my name is Kenn, and I'm located in central KY.  My collection is relatively modest, less than ten phones, but it's shown signs of growing lately!
Hi Kenn:

Welcome to the forum. Warning: Phones tend to breed :) . You may only have ten now - in a year you will have 20 or more. Worse than your KY rabbits.. Again, Welcome!

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

dsk

Welcome!
And it seems like we should wish your brother welcome too, at least he had great ideas about solving the ringer problem.

dsk

mentalstampede

Quote from: dsk on February 26, 2014, 02:41:21 PM
Welcome!
And it seems like we should wish your brother welcome too, at least he had great ideas about solving the ringer problem.

dsk

I told him he should sign up here. Someone might be able to aim him at a source for the coin relay he needs for his AE LPC-82-55 payphone.

"Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something." --Robert Heinlein

Matilo Telephones

Welcome Kenn.

I see you are just passed the denial stage of our common affliction.
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

WEBellSystemChristian

Welcome to our little friendly group! I'll gave the same warning that I do to every new collector; phones will multiply. Enjoy walking space while you can in your house/man cave/bedroom/telephone room (believe me, it'll come to that some day), but it's worth every square foot.  :D
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

WesternElectricBen

Welcome, Ken.

Have a great time on the forum, and keep collecting.

Ben

Greg G.

Welcome!  Post a few pics of what you have!
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Mr. Bones

Welcome to the Forum, Kenn!

I hope you enjoy! There's some amazingly knowledgeable, kind, and helpful folks here! 10 phones is a bigger collection than many of our members have, and just having one phone that you really like constitutes a collection, in my eyes. Course, it never stays one phone for very long! ;)

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

HarrySmith

Welcome Ken! This is the best asylum on the net. Obviously if you have 10 old phones you are already afflicted with the disease, Phonitis. This is a progressive disease, there is no known cure. As you have already been warned those 10 will multiply into many more, very soon. Not only will you run out of room, you will run out of Money too! " I need one more color to complete them all" or " I didn't know they made that in a wall phone too, I gotta get one". Then there are tools, BSP's, phone books, signs etc etc. the list goes on forever.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

WesternElectricBen

Harry, I think I figured a way to calculate how many phones you will have with phoneitus.

Letters in your first name X years collecting X 10= Projected phone amount. Works for me..

Ben

Contempra

Quote from: mentalstampede on February 26, 2014, 01:00:37 PM

Then, welcome to this  nice and cool forum Kenn. here you'll find a lot of stuffs concerning  some brand phones and many friends :D.. May this forum be a daily rendez-vous for you :)..

mentalstampede

I had actually started collecting several years ago, and my interests went in other directions until last month when my brother bought an AE Payphone. Watching him work on it rekindled the old phone bug in me. Since then I've been working on a couple of long-neglected projects and trying to avoid spending way too much money on ebay.

Here's a shot of what's on the bench in our workspace right now. The payphone is my brother's but the 302 and the AE90 are mine.  The 302 is probably my favorite in my collection. All the dated parts match, so I'm proud of it. All three phones are waiting for the postman to bring me a box of repaired dials. The 302 has a spare #5 in it to fill the hole in the meantime.

Anyhow, I'll probably have a few more questions soon; I just couldn't help myself and bought a rough Northern Electric QSD3A on eBay today.  :o

HarrySmith

WOW! That is some workbench! I am very jealous, my workbench is half the dining room table.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

mentalstampede

Quote from: HarrySmith on February 26, 2014, 07:47:08 PM
WOW! That is some workbench! I am very jealous, my workbench is half the dining room table.

It's actually the workbench at our place of employment; we just get to use it afterhours for our own nefarious purposes! My brother happens to be our electronics tech.  8)