and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Someone really needs spell check!

Started by HarrySmith, January 13, 2019, 07:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

Just came across this on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/303028659857.

Just a few parts but the spelling! "Misalanius"?? I thought all computers had spell check. Mine just flagged that as incorrect as soon as I typed it.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Key2871

Unless the user uses spell check, it will just let misspelled words go. I'm for ever trying to tell my phone how to spell some words, like scotchlok, or network. Because until I added those words to the dictionary it kept changing them to the strangest words..
KEN

LarryInMichigan

Spell-checkers do not always work.  I once saw a local craigslist posting for a vintage children's bedroom set in "naughty pine" for sale.  I wondered how the children turned out.

Larry

AL_as_needed

And that's why CRPF has speel check  ;D
TWinbrook7

Butch Harlow

Miss Alanius won the beauty pageant for her presentation in variousness.
Butch Harlow

Key2871

Well my PC has a drop down menu that gives several words to chose from. It's just a matter of picking what word you want in the sentence.
And the speel check here is kind of a yoke. But I use my smart dumb phone to read and reply to this forum, and I have to change words often, and even then I don't always get them all fixed.
KEN

FABphones

Because I write in both English and French, I have to turn the spellchecker off on my devices otherwise it gets very confused. Also, I type fast and often in a rush so I don't always check over what I've written before I send a message.

However, I got a new mobile (cellphone) for Christmas and I've forgotton to turn spellchecker off, so today I sent an email and thanks to spellchecker I told someone to 'plug the guys into the electricity'.  :o

'Guys' should have read 'gite'.

Thankfully, my instructions were ignored.  :)
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble