News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

$2.00 GTE AE...something -> 80E

Started by Pourme, September 23, 2016, 09:35:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AE_Collector

I will try to see what I have and let you know.

Terry

Pourme

Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

poplar1

I believe Sonny has some new old stock faceplates and also facemats, both rotary and Touch-Call.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Greg G.

I believe that these were AE's attempt to compete in the disposable phone market once end-user ownership was allowed.  The only real value in these is they're good for practicing restoration techniques.  I have a white one I used for practicing retro-bright bleaching on.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=1146.msg59297#msg59297
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

andy1702

Can anyone tell me how to get the finger wheel off one of these? I have one here and it's completely baffled me!
Call me on C*net 0246 81 290 from the UK
or (+44) 246 81 290 from the rest of the world.

For telephone videos search Andys Shed on Youtube.

unbeldi

Quote from: andy1702 on November 23, 2016, 07:28:49 AM
Can anyone tell me how to get the finger wheel off one of these? I have one here and it's completely baffled me!

If you look closely in the first few pictures of this thread, you can see a center screw that needs to be removed to free the wheel.

andy1702

Thanks, I found it. There was the remains of a paper label over it. I assume this means any label just has to be stuck on the surface then? It's amazing how cheap and nasty these phones are compared to others of the era.
Call me on C*net 0246 81 290 from the UK
or (+44) 246 81 290 from the rest of the world.

For telephone videos search Andys Shed on Youtube.