"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Any alternative for the Panasonic 616?

Started by Spanish_phones, September 09, 2014, 11:13:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spanish_phones

Hi everyone:

I have been looking for a Panasonic 616 for my rotary telephones, but I only found them in USA, and shipping to Spain is really expensive.

Does anyone know another PBX like the Panasonic 616 that supports rotary dialing? Or does anyone have a 616 for me? :)

Thank you so much ;)

Doug Rose

ATT Partner will work, I had one, but never tired it as I have the Panasonic 616...good luck...Doug
Kidphone

Fabius

I believe there is a smaller Panasonic with less lines? I can't recall the model number but it's a 3 hundred number I believe.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

JorgeAmely

I think it is a 308 unit. However, it is the same physical size as the 16 line unit.
Jorge

unbeldi

That's right. All of these were marketed under the Panasonic Easaphone brand.

The 308, model number KX-T30810 has eight station ports (FXS) and three CO line ports (FXO).
The 616, model number KX-T61610, has 16 station ports and 6 CO lines.

Actually the first generation of each of these were simply the KX-T308 and KX-T616.

Despite the different capacity, they have an identical enclosure.  Each came in several versions, up to version 3. All ports are RJ11 jacks. I think it is the  KX-T616 that has a 50-pin Amphenol (RJ21) connector for more convenient bulk cabling.

I have a total of four of these, 308 versions 2 and 3, and 616 v2, 616 v3.

Before the 308, Panasonic also made a yet smaller version, the KX-T206. The housing of this one was smaller.

unbeldi

I don't think these should be so hard to find in Europe.  After all, Panasonic made some, if not all of them in England.  The British models have special suffixes, but I don't recall the difference right now.

Just checking eBay and there are several KX-T206E unit available from a vendor in the UK. Ebay shows that shipping to Spain is only GBP 18.-

WesternElectricBen

I agree with unbeldi, you should be able to find a panisonic.

Although, correct me if I'm wrong, what Iñaki is asking about is, are their other manufactures that make similar units, that could easily be acquired in Spain.

Ben

twocvbloke

Quote from: unbeldi on September 09, 2014, 09:25:38 PM
I don't think these should be so hard to find in Europe.  After all, Panasonic made some, if not all of them in England.  The British models have special suffixes, but I don't recall the difference right now.

The models I know of are the BE-suffix, E.G. KX-T61610BE, though they're designed to ring with the british standard ring cadence in incoming calls and the US ring cadence on internal calls... :)

dsk

I got mine from UK, they were never sold in Norway.

dsk

Spanish_phones

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on September 09, 2014, 11:15:27 PM
I agree with unbeldi, you should be able to find a panisonic.

Although, correct me if I'm wrong, what Iñaki is asking about is, are their other manufactures that make similar units, that could easily be acquired in Spain.

Ben

Exactly Ben! That's what I tried to say

twocvbloke

I'm sure there's many electronic PABXs available, but it's knowing whether or not they're compatible with rotary phones or not is the question, I know very little of the spanish language so couldn't begin to think of what to look for...

dsk

Ericsson had some small ones with 1 or 2 trunk lines. Both rotary and tone dialing worked, but I believe they used 50Hz ringing. (terrible)
Here they were called ERIFOX

dsk

xhausted110

Quote from: unbeldi on September 09, 2014, 09:07:58 PM

The 308, model number KX-T30810 has eight station ports (FXS) and three CO line ports (FXO).

Actually the first generation of each of these were simply the KX-T308 and KX-T616.

Despite the different capacity, they have an identical enclosure.  Each came in several versions, up to version 3. All ports are RJ11 jacks. I think it is the  KX-T616 that has a 50-pin Amphenol (RJ21) connector for more convenient bulk cabling.

Before the 308, Panasonic also made a yet smaller version, the KX-T206. The housing of this one was smaller.

the 616 does not have an amphenol connector. it is also RJ11. the 1232 (which I have) uses 4 amphenols for 32 extensions, the CO lines are RJ11.
- Evan

unbeldi

Quote from: xhausted110 on September 10, 2014, 06:02:49 PM
Quote from: unbeldi on September 09, 2014, 09:07:58 PM

the 616 does not have an amphenol connector. it is also RJ11. the 1232 (which I have) uses 4 amphenols for 32 extensions, the CO lines are RJ11.

When you say, "616" which version do you have?  The first version KX-T616 ?
I know there was one version of the "616" that did have it, not V2 and not V3.
The version number is usually indicated in a circle after the model number on the identification plate.

TelePlay

Quote from: unbeldi on September 10, 2014, 07:02:51 PM
When you say, "616" which version do you have?  The first version KX-T616 ?
I know there was one version of the "616" that did have it, not V2 and not V3.
The version number is usually indicated in a circle after the model number on the identification plate.

There was a pretty good discussion of the 616 started by twocvbloke about a year and a half ago.

The "Circle 2" and "Circle 3" seemed to refer to the version of the code used to do advanced programming of the 616 features, the "2" being the earlier and the "3" being the latest, and last.

If used in the basic mode, take out the battery to reset it back to factory settings, both the 2 and 3 worked the same, I seem to remember.