News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

1960-64 WE 500 White

Started by Craig T, February 08, 2011, 08:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craig T

I bought my second phone off ebay around Christmas time, this White WE 500. It had a dirty tinge to it, like most of them do, but I had my shamrock and a generous friend handy and it turned out pretty nice.

About half of this phone is Dennis's. The dial ended up being another color code and hewas kind enough to provide one a WE company quality dial to replace it, with the proper color code. Thank you for all the time you spent on this dial Dennis. The dial is from May 1958. I took some good pics and they really show the detailing done on this dial. Quite a while back now, Dennis sent the white 4 prong plug as well. I had sanded that in the meantime, it came back to a bright white.

Even the handset caps turned out nice and those usually show a tinge to them even after shining the phone up. The cords are nice, but they have a darker tone to them in person. I was unable to crack the code on those. I have not done any Retrobrite work yet, I see great results from those that are. I used some OxyClean with improved results.

I keep a pair of cotton gloves nearby for anyone who wants to use this telephone   :)

Craig T

Here is the dial and the rest of the phone.

HarrySmith

Very Nice! That dial is spotless, looks like you could eat off it :D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Craig T

Thanks Harry, this is one of my two favorites.

Dennis Markham

The White phone looks very nice Craig.  Nice photos.  Glad I could help out with the dial.  I see a couple spots I missed........

JorgeAmely

Very nice example of a pristine white phone. Now you need to invest in a little umbrella to protect it from dust and sun light.  ;D ;D ;D
Jorge

Craig T

Quote from: Dennis Markham on February 08, 2011, 11:15:54 PM
The White phone looks very nice Craig.  Nice photos.  Glad I could help out with the dial.  I see a couple spots I missed........
[/i]

Dennis, I was thinking the same thing about the mark I missed on the right tip of the handset  :)

Quote from: JorgeAmely on February 08, 2011, 11:29:26 PM
Very nice example of a pristine white phone. Now you need to invest in a little umbrella to protect it from dust and sun light.  ;D ;D ;D
[/i]

Jorge, thanks for the advice!  8)   ;D