News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction 41 - Automatic Electric 80 in Red

Started by bingster, December 26, 2009, 10:39:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McHeath

$35 clams.  It's pretty, but I'm guessing that demand will be low. 

HobieSport

What the heck...I'll go with an even $100. I never win these things anyway... :D
-Matt

Dan

I'll go $87.

OK AE experts. I got a red one like this for $40. No bell inside >:(. I added one.  Mine has a six hole earpiece.

The feet are the same on this one as mine. I know mine is soft tenite plastic. Do you guys think this one is soft?  I'm saying ABS handset and a tenite housing. What do you think?
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

JorgeAmely

Dan:
I think it is hard plastic. Seven holes on the speaker cap, extra hole on the mike cap, and double slots on the housing. Strain relief on the handset cord.

Jorge

mienaichizu

Hey guys I'm back but i may not spend too much time on the net, anyway I'll go for $80

Dan

Quote from: JorgeAmely on December 31, 2009, 02:34:00 AM
Dan:
I think it is hard plastic. Seven holes on the speaker cap, extra hole on the mike cap, and double slots on the housing. Strain relief on the handset cord.

So double slots on the housing mean ABS plastic? Thanks for the tip Jorge. I am catching the AE80 bug too, but less info about these is on the net.
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

bingster

Quote from: mienaichizu on December 31, 2009, 07:56:24 AM
Hey guys I'm back but i may not spend too much time on the net, anyway I'll go for $80

$80 is already chosen.  Have another guess?
= DARRIN =

mienaichizu

bingster

The auction is over and HobieSport has taken the prize!  The phone went for $122.50.  This is a perfect example of what can happen if an auction contains lots of excellent photos of a shiny object. Congratulations, Matt!
= DARRIN =

bwanna

donna

Greg G.

The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

HobieSport

I know the rule about going over, but still, as far as I'm concerned, Briny won, because he was much closer. So there, and I shall not accept this glory. ;D
-Matt

McHeath

Gee, never underestimate the power of a shiny red phone that was well photographed.  Congrads Hobie.