News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Chicago Semi Potbelly

Started by wds, October 20, 2017, 06:53:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wds

Picked up a Chicago Semi Potbelly this week - does anyone know how to remove the bottom plate?  I'm sure it's something simple, but I don't want to damage anything trying to figure it out.
Dave

Dan/Panther

It appears that the 3 screws in a triangle pattern holds the base on. The 4th screw might be cord restraint.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

wds

those aren't screws, rather they are rivets.  I thought the cover might rotate right or left to come off.
Dave

Sargeguy

Maybe there is a hidden tab that needs to be depressed before unlocking?
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

TelePlay

Any chance that by taking apart the perch/hook switch will allow the bottom to drop down?

LarryInMichigan

You will never manage to remove the cover, so there is no point in keeping the phone.  I would be willing to help though by taking that problem phone off your hands ;-).

Larry

wds

larry - if I can't get the bottom plate off it's all yours!  the canadian candlestick comes apart that way - remove the screw by the receiver arm and the bottom and switch assembly drops down.  i will try that on this chicago tonight.
Dave

TelePlay

Quote from: wds on October 24, 2017, 01:20:51 PM
. . . the canadian candlestick comes apart that way - remove the screw by the receiver arm and the bottom and switch assembly drops down.  i will try that on this chicago tonight.

I was just guessing based on my experience of taking apart a 1980s Decotel rotary dial stick which came apart that way, from the top down. But that is a new, self contained stick. Will be surprised if it works the same with yours, getting it apart from the top down.

Stubbypylon

Dave,

Thats the way it comes off.  Remove that screw at the back by the hookswitch and the bottom drops out except it gets stuck.
Craig Stanowski

Stubbypylon

Pull off the perch and you can push the switch down through the shaft.
Craig Stanowski

wds

I removed the screw and the phone came apart.  The base plate also comes off by rotating the plate.  I notice yours has some extra contacts compared to mine.  I assume those are for the button on your base?
Dave

Stubbypylon

yes those contacts are for the button
Craig Stanowski

wds

cleaned up a little.
Dave

Ktownphoneco

Good work Dave.    The set looks beautiful ! 

Jeff Lamb

Stubbypylon

Craig Stanowski