and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Phone pictures promised in my "hey y'all from Arkansas" introduction

Started by Kelbelphb, April 19, 2018, 11:06:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelbelphb

My original introduction here:
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=20255.0

So not as big of a hoard as the others and I wanted to wait until I could make this message somewhat "pretty" before sharing but heck I can't wait. Mind you I have no previous history with phones I usually bring in hoards of mid century dishware 😀

Here's just a fraction of what I've got going

Kelbelphb

And more. I will move this Convo and better pictures to the hoard topic if I qualify. I know it's no where near what most of you have in your work shops! I'm begging for my own man cave of sorts right now. Hopfully the husband will give in.

RB

Wow!!! and welcome.
Yup, you gotcha a couple days worth of sorting there!
can't wait to see more :D

AE_Collector

I moved ya over here to the board with some of the other "Large Hoards of Phones" that have been found. Carry on as though nothing happened!

Maybe you and Nick in Manitou can rent a warehouse somewhere half way between the two of you!

Terry

HarrySmith

WOW! You definetly got a ton of good stuff there. Congrats!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Kelbelphb

Yes I've contracted phoneitis for sure. I've decided to give up on the hard core cleaning and polishing until I've got everything sorted and my novus arrives in the mail. Gotta pop over to the trusty cleaning topic here and refresh my knowledge...cleaning bakelite is both enjoyable and frustrating. But I'm sure that's not news to anyone here. As I post please let me know if you see something you need!

AE_Collector

Keep in mind that the only Bakelite I've seen in your pictures so far might be the black handsets on the 302's and 354. Everyth8ng else is ABS or Soft Plastic Tenite so cleaning and buffing methods will vary.

Terry

Babybearjs

Post the stuff on Ebay.... I'm always looking for a good bargain!
John

Kelbelphb

Oh shoot! I've been thinking that the thermoplastic shell in the 302s was also bakelite...😥 I've buffed a few of the 302s (I've got 7 I believe) with brasso and then a soft rag. Good grief I've still got so much to learn.

Pourme

Quote from: Kelbelphb on April 19, 2018, 06:58:35 PM
Oh shoot! I've been thinking that the thermoplastic shell in the 302s was also bakelite...😥 I've buffed a few of the 302s (I've got 7 I believe) with brasso and then a soft rag. Good grief I've still got so much to learn.

Kelbelphb,

Two years ago when I joined this forum I was where you are. Today I am in no way a "expert" or any where close, and don't profess to be. I will say this, the members here have helped me in ways I never expected when I joined. There is so much knowledge here you can learn from the members, in any subject, without them knowing. Search subjects that interest you and along the way...ask questions. No question is ever looked down on here. Everyone here was in your place at one time. This forum is dedicated to passing on the love of collecting all things, telephone. You will not find such a experienced gathering of qualified experts in the field anywhere else on earth, guaranteed!

Enjoy your new bounty!

Benny
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service