News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Visit to Buford Pussers house.

Started by Dan/Panther, September 09, 2009, 02:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

I recently made a trip to Adamsville Tennessee, to help my Daughter move there with her family. It's the town where The famed Sheriff of McNairy County, and  "Walking tall" Buford Pusser resided. I visited his home, now a museum.
It was a very moving experience to talk to the caretakers, and see his actual belongings as they were just before his death.
Thought some might like to see a couple photos.
D/P
First photo is of Bufords bedroom with his phone next to it.
Second photo, is me with the BIG STICK.
Third photo, the car which he was driving when he died, 1974 Corvette.

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

JorgeAmely

Jorge

Dan/Panther

Jorge;
Sorry, I speak rather softly.
D/P

HobieSport

I had to do some research about Mr. Pusser's history first. I sort of got the idea of the "walk softly and carry a big stick" reference. I'll try not to have nightmares about Dan/Panther now, softly in the night.
-Matt

boblysom

Great pics, I always liked the original movie about Sheriff Pusser back in the 70's with Joe Don Baker. The new remake with the "Rock" was pretty corny. Somewhat like the Starsky and Hutch remake. Boy not much left of his corvette.

Greg G.

Funny, I went to the official Buford Pusser website and there's not one picture of him, other than an outline on a logo.

http://www.bufordpussermuseum.com/index.html
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

stub

Dan/Panther,  Hi, I hope you had a good time down here and ate at the  SAW MEAL, good food . Did you have a chance to look for any phones? I left an bunch of phones there . I just collect AE, not many around here. I don't post much but read your post tonight and thought i would say hi. I live about 15 miles form Adamsville.
Kenneth Stubblefield

Dan/Panther

stub1953;
I really did enjoy the historic aspect of the area. I did buy one beige pushbutton phone at a  flea market for $5.00.
I plan to visit my Daughter every couple of years.
D/P