News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

What are your Favorite Cars???

Started by Bill Cahill, April 17, 2009, 05:16:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AET

Yeah, we used to have to take the seats out of ours to haul anything, where with our wagons all you hd to do was fold the seat down and you were good to go.
- Tom

bingster

How about the ultimate station wagon?  Try the custom 1954 Packard with it's big bench seat in back with massive amounts of legroom, a pair of auxilliary seats that fold against the back of the front seat, and a luxurious wraparound banquette with table in the wayback.
= DARRIN =

AET

Very classy, just needs some woodie panelling.
- Tom

Jim Stettler

On my vacation I saw some interesting old cars in Alliance, NE.

Some of them were real works of art.

The last photo is for AtomicEraTom.

The name of the location is carhenge.
You can learn more at carhenge.com

It is a fun place to visit
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

AET

Jim, thanks for those pics.  Especially the last one.  It looks to have once been a 1977 Ford LTD Country Squire, much like the one I tried to buy.   It's a shame that this one is no longer out owning the road.
- Tom

bingster

Your telephone is as close as your swanky 1960 Imperial:

= DARRIN =

Phonesrfun

That's pretty swank, all right!  Pass the Wall St. Journal, please.  Oh, and do you have any Gray Poupon?

-Bill G

AET

We have an antique dealer in pardeeville that drives a Cadillac with a WE 500 on the dash :)
- Tom

Dan

What year is that Caddy, Tom ? I am trying to make a mental picture.....
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

AET

You know, you'd think I would be able to remember but I don't haha.  I'll look close when I see it.
- Tom

Kenny C

I know where a 58 imperial is right now
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

bingster

Save your pennies, Kenny.  You'd be the talk of the town in an Imperial! 
= DARRIN =

PhoneSeeker

I was curious if this was still an active thread since the last reply was  in 2010.

My favorite car is the Jeep CJ. I like the flexibility of changing tops and doors. The appearance can vary in just a few minutes by taking the top down, switching to a bikini top, leaving the doors off, changing to half doors or canvas, or even driving around with the windshield folded down.

I also like the early black period Ford model T, especially the Roadsters.

AE_Collector

All threads on CRPF are "active". We never get tired of talking about the same thing over and over again! Thanks for waking this one up again. I like car talk.

Terry

Greg G.

Quote from: AtomicEraTom on March 08, 2010, 04:12:40 AM
It's a custom job.  You can buy those cabs now.  They're built to be an extended cab version of the old Model A's.

Where can you get those cabs?  I'd love to convert my 08 Ranger (if it's affordable).
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e