Main Menu

Willy Müller invented the world's first automatic answering machine in 1935

Started by HELLO CENTRAL, September 18, 2008, 09:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HELLO CENTRAL

Willy Müller invented the world's first automatic answering machine in 1935 :o

"When I call a business, I like to talk to a human" ;D 
Gordon Matthews - Voicemail Inventor
In 1979, Gordon Matthews formed his company, VMX, of Dallas (Voice Message Express). He applied for a patent in 1979 for his voicemail invention and sold the first system to 3M.

http://www.answering-services-phone-messaging.com/history_telephone_answering.html

The Forum, is now open for discussion.  ???
HELLO CENTRAL.

Dan/Panther

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

HELLO CENTRAL

HELLO CENTRAL.

Dan/Panther

HELLO CENTRAL

;D That's why I'm here, as well! :D ;)  What, oh, I see I've been hung-up by. . .only kidding? 8) ::) ???
HELLO CENTRAL.

Bill Cahill

About 24 years ago I had an antique telephone answering machine. It was a tube wire recorder. The phone sat on a base on top, and, somehow, the receiver was put into a magnetic cradle. The amplifier had series string tubes. It was in a cloth covered maroon case. Wish I had kept it... :(
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

Mark Stevens

Quote from: Bill Cahill on September 19, 2008, 06:40:54 PM
About 24 years ago I had an antique telephone answering machine. It was a tube wire recorder. The phone sat on a base on top, and, somehow, the receiver was put into a magnetic cradle. The amplifier had series string tubes. It was in a cloth covered maroon case. Wish I had kept it... :(
Bill Cahill

A vintage answering machine like that would be cool. I'd also like a PhonAudograph!

Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

Dan/Panther

Bill;
I saw one of those being sold with a phone on ebay. I wonder if it's still up for auction ?
Dan/Panther