News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My New Imperial

Started by Wayback Mike, February 26, 2018, 06:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wayback Mike

I should probably change my moniker to "Sir Lurksalot"  since I rarely post but read posts here pretty regularly.

I've recently taken a liking to the WE Continental style phones and was looking for D1 base phones when I found this Imperial about to expire on ebay with a BIN  of $80 with $30 shipping or best offer.  The description was not very good but it looked good in the pics and the subset caught my eye.  I offered $50 which was accepted so my total delivered price was $80 for an Imperial in very nice condition and a 684 subset.  I was even more pleased when it arrived, I hooked it up, and it worked.

The dial is very sluggish so will need cleaning and the finger wheel is cracked near the number 6 but other than that, it is in great shape.  The felt on the bottom is in excellent shape and I'm pretty sure those are original cords.  Needless to say, I'm pretty happy with my latest acquisition.

Jim Stettler

I think $80.00 delivered for a working Imperial is a great price, the dial issues are minor. You should list it in "Find of the Month". It is a great find.
JMO,
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

oldguy

Nice phone. I've always been a fan of imperials.
Gary

Pourme

That is a good price on a gold continental with a subset. You did good. I love my continentals! I love the story of how they came to be, a lesson in marketing for sure.

Good candidate for find of the month!

Benny
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

oldguy

It's not really a gold continental Benny, it's actually an imperial.
Gary

Pourme

Quote from: oldguy on February 26, 2018, 10:55:14 PM
It's not really a gold continental Benny, it's actually an imperial.

You are correct, Gary.

Imperial sounds much better. There goes that good marketing again!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Babybearjs

I got mine for $25.00! same condition, but W/O the subset. added that later....
John

oldguy

That was a great price John.
Gary