News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Peach Princess Phone and Green 500DM

Started by SunriseEarth, September 23, 2018, 05:28:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunriseEarth

I found a lot recently on eBay for a "Pink AT&T Phone and a Green Western Electric Phone".   Although advertised as "pink", it was obvious to me that the phone was Peach and a late date refurb.   Both phones had broken line jacks (although the 500DM is a superficial break and still works).   

The original listing was $85 for both including shipping, which I thought was too high, especially as I wasn't even interested in the 500DM.   He didn't have an "Offer" button, so I messaged and asked if he would be willing to sell the "pink" one by itself.   He came back and stated he could do $59.99 for the Princess or $75 for both.   I countered with $35 for the Princess and $60 for both, figuring that he'd be open to moving both.   So I got them both for $60. 

The sticker on the bottom of the Princess Phone says "R2702 BMG" and "RF91AT08".   I think this means it came out of the Atlanta AT&T Service Center in August of 1991.   The handset says "AT&T"; transmitter is 7/27/80 and receiver is 2/19/82.
  I haven't checked any other internals dates yet, as I'm waiting on some jacks to arrive (ordered from Richard Rose, who is always great!).  Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting this thing back in working order!

As for the green 500DM, the handset says "Bell System Property" but the housing says "AT&T".   Transmitter date is 10/19/17 and receiver date is 11/3/71.   I was thinking of trading this one, but I may hold onto it for now.   My only other 500 is a 1962 Beige one. 
Tony Stokes

TCI Member; ATCA Member #4893

oldguy

And the collection keeps growing😀 congrats, it's always fun to to talk a seller down.
Gary

SunriseEarth

Quote from: oldguy on September 23, 2018, 09:53:55 PM
And the collection keeps growing😀 congrats, it's always fun to to talk a seller down.

Thanks!   And I agree, definitely a good thing (as a buyer), especially in cases where the item is overpriced.   
Tony Stokes

TCI Member; ATCA Member #4893

Key2871

At one point, I had just about every color, rotary and tone of each single line princess phone. And about 20 500 sets, in various colors... Ahh those were the days.
Your getting a good start, have fun doing it.
KEN