News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

A1 Prices Crashing

Started by paul-f, August 12, 2010, 10:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul-f

It's official... the economy is in freefall.

Manual A1 sold for $796.

http://cgi.ebay.com/160465018858
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Dennis Markham

A friend of mine I think paid over $1,500 for his dial version.  That is quite a price difference.  I think you're right about prices dropping.  That  NOS 302 may bring more than the A1.

Phonesrfun

I paid about $1k for mine about 3 years ago, and it was also a manual, and in similar condition to this one.
-Bill G

Doug Rose

I was surprised it went as high as it did. I watched the end of the auction and saw it jump $200 in the end. A whole lot of corrosion and the impossible to find seamless mouth piece is cracked. Unless these have the 2HB dial and are in really fine condition, they are not worth the money they have been commanding. For a phone that was supposed to be made for less than 18 months, there seems to be a lot of them around. Every week or so another appears. Supply and demand in a bad economy, I thought this was a less than $400 phone.....Doug
Kidphone

Phonesrfun

When I bought mine, I was new as a collector.  I was under the false impression that they were the holy grail of phone collectors and "scarcer than hens teeth".  I have noticed that first of all, e-bay sellers say what ever they want to sell an item.  I now think there must have been millions of these made; not hundreds.

-Bill G

Dennis Markham

Here's one that ended last week, with a dial.  It sold for $1,087.

http://tinyurl.com/238l5or

(They have the handset hanging in the wrong direction).  :)

paul-f

The National Association of Left Handed People will get you for that remark...
  http://www.nalhp.org/
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

rdelius

I got lucky at the Raleigh flea market several years ago. Bought an A1 and a black Princess for $3.00 ea.
For a supposedly rare set, plenty have turned up on EBay.
Robby

Doug Rose

Quote from: rdelius on August 13, 2010, 07:13:35 PM
I got lucky at the Raleigh flea market several years ago. Bought an A1 and a black Princess for $3.00 ea.
For a supposedly rare set, plenty have turned up on EBay.
Robby
Hey Robby...how about showing us a picture of that $3.00 A1. I'd say that's the best deal I have ever seen on an old phone!!....Doug
Kidphone

Kenny C

:o :o :o :o :oWOW those prices cant be beat.
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

rdelius

It was missing the handset and the dial. When I picked it up I asked "how much?", they replied "three" I replied "dollars" .It could have been $300.
I need to pull it out of storage and display it.It took some time to find the right handset parts for it.
Robby

mariepr

One of the recent ebay sellers is solstice9h38 who was almost solely responsible for running up A-1 prices a couple of years ago.  He bought five within one year.  Guess he now either needs the cash or doesn't care to set a Guinness record for ownership.