"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Difference of Opinions

Started by Doug Rose, April 07, 2014, 08:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

Quote from: HarrySmith on April 12, 2014, 05:50:42 PM
I have to agree with Arwin, the only dumb question is the one you don't ask! I have been saying that for years in non phone related areas. I have asked more than my fair share of dumb questions and will continue to ask them. Since I am approaching 6 decades I have and will probably ask them more than once! If you want to experience some fun responces try asking a dumb question on the lists for a second time ;D The reason I spend the majority of my phone related time here is the people, everyone here is part of the nicest, most helpful group on the net!

I could not agree more with this statement.
I hope we can end this topic on a conciliatory note, and continue on as usual.
This thread has been a first, for this forum in 5 plus years, and I for one hope it's not a trend.
I won't even consider locking the thread, because that would insinuate that we can not agree to disagree. I know we are better than that.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Contempra

Hello to all...When I see this kind of discussion, it stinks and it upped that the tension between the members... could you wash your dirty linen in private? No one is obliged to read that crap. As far as I know, we are men or women, not children. Therefore, please avoid this kind of completely useless conversation. Far as I know, this forum is family and is in place for all who want to help, no matter which, for their find... Personally it's the second time I see this kind of conversation and I pissed off..

If I was Moderator, would not long I gonna this kind of pointless conversation... I do it also because I have a very different forum from here and not in the same domain and I do not keep bad conversations and on the 3rd warning it is out. :(

Dennis Markham

Ok, I am going to weigh in on this.  Personally I was hoping this thread would come to an end.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, good or bad.  I didn't like this topic from day one.  I don't think anyone gives "Bad Advice" but is trying to be helpful.  Most of us are learning, offer help when we can and speak up when we think we have something to contribute.  Sometimes I post a reply that turns out to be wrong.  It was not intentional to give bad advice.

This issue came up again with yet another post by someone wanting to know if they have to connect to a subset.  Here we go again. 

The stress level from this thread (to me) has turned up a notch.  I am not going to allow for bickering in public on the Forum.  That's what it is looking like to me.....bickering.  A new visitor may get the impression from this thread that bad advice is being given.  I think it's to the contrary (not this particular issue but in general).  We have a lot of helpful members with a lot of experience and all are willing to share.  Sometimes there are differences of opinions, that's great.  It's excellent to be able to agree to disagree. 

Please, let's move on..........

~Dennis

Contempra

Quote from: Dennis Markham on April 18, 2014, 02:25:09 PM
Ok, I am going to weigh in on this.  Personally I was hoping this thread would come to an end.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, good or bad.  I didn't like this topic from day one.  I don't think anyone gives "Bad Advice" but is trying to be helpful.  Most of us are learning, offer help when we can and speak up when we think we have something to contribute.  Sometimes I post a reply that turns out to be wrong.  It was not intentional to give bad advice.

This issue came up again with yet another post by someone wanting to know if they have to connect to as subset.  Here we go again. 

The stress level from this thread (to me) has turned up a notch.  I am not going to allow for bickering in public on the Forum.  That's what it is looking like to me.....bickering.  A new visitor may get the impression from this thread that bad advice is being given.  I think it's to the contrary (not this particular issue but in general).  We have a lot of helpful members with a lot of experience and all are willing to share.  Sometimes there are a difference of opinions, that's great.  It's excellent to be able to agree to disagree. 

Please, let's move on..........~Dennis

I'm with you...