News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Will this work with Princess Phone ?

Started by Dan/Panther, June 13, 2009, 12:36:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

I won this on ebay, and I wonder if I can use it for my Princess phones, as an external ringer. It seems like the one my Mom had when I was growing up at home.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

bingster

Yes, indeed.  That's exactly what that ringer is for.  If you need help hooking the phone up, or fastening the mounting cord, just give a shout.
= DARRIN =

Dan/Panther

Bingster;
I'm all ears. I have the transformer some place but I can't find it. I also have the original 6 wire line cord.
D/P

bingster

Okay, you've got lots of wires, but it's actually very easy, since the ringer's terminals are all numbered.  Here are the terminals in the ringer that the mounting cord's conductors go to

Yellow to #2
Blue to #4
Black ALSO to #4
Green to #6
Red to #5
White to #3

Tip and ring go to #6 and #5

The AC transformer has one leg going to #2 and the other leg to #4

To fasten the mounting cord, run the wires through either of the two large holes at each side, toward the top.  You'll notice that by the hole on one side there's a little metal bar with a little hole at the end, and that the bar screws down to the base with one screw.  That bar holds the wingband restraint on the mounting cord.  You just loosen the screw, hook one tip of the restraint in the hole of the bar, the other tip of the restraint in the hole in the base, and tighten down the bar to hold it.  You can remove the bar and move it to the other side, so that you can choose to have the cord exit on the right or the left.
= DARRIN =

Dan/Panther

McHeath

QuoteMcHeath;
Thank you, Very clear.
D/P

Me?  I'm innocent here.   ;)  Bingster is the man.

Dan/Panther

Bingtser;
My apologies, I don't know how that happened ?
D/P