News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

North Galion eBay 250650866728 vs eBay 400128442634

Started by Doug Rose, June 21, 2010, 08:32:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

A very common, but polished up Black North Galion with a Stork Club dial card goes for almost $400. FOUR HUNDRED dollars. BUT a very hard to find Brown or Ox Blood Galion goes for $229. eBay sure can be fickle....Doug
Kidphone

Dan/Panther

Yes Doug, but the black one is so shiny...and that dial card matches the black and White of my curtains so nicely.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Doug Rose

Kidphone

LarryInMichigan

The black phone has chips around the edges and breaks in the transmitter and receiver caps.  That surely adds a couple hundred dollars to its value ;D

I opted for a Galion without chips or breaks, so it cost me only $15 on ebay.

Larry  

Dan/Panther

I paid $20 for mine at the Placentia show completely cleaned, and polished,  ready to go.
It was marked down from the ridiculously high price of $29.00.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Doug Rose

It is a metal Galion with a few chips. The metal ones are tougher to find the the all too common bakelite ones, BUT not this hard. I have my doubts about this being from the Stork Club as weekly there are two or three phones on the Bay that have White House dial cards......Doug
Kidphone

LarryInMichigan

I see.  Mine is bakelite.  Anyway, the Stork Club was in New York City, so I would expect that any phones there would have been Western Electric.

That phone does have a North dial which should be worth something.  Mine has a WE #6.

Larry