News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Stepmotor as magneto generator, interesting youtube

Started by dsk, September 16, 2016, 02:42:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twocvbloke

Very clever stuff there, seems they barely have to turn the thing to get a good AC voltage out of the stepper motor... :)

Holtzer-Cabot

Quote from: twocvbloke on September 16, 2016, 07:48:54 PM
Very clever stuff there, seems they barely have to turn the thing to get a good AC voltage out of the stepper motor... :)
Probably wouldn't have enough current behind it to ring a mechanical ringer, though! That's why I use a real telephone magneto! Am I the only 14 year old who collects phones?
Western Electric - A unit of the Bell System and main supplier of AT&T since 1882! -15 year old phone collector!

dsk

:) I hope it is others, I have been interested in telephones since I was 7, but collecting... I'm nut sur when it started, I just suddenly had lots of them.  Not for having them, but still I have them for exploring all the solutions,how they work, how they solved problems, and the fun of making them work again.

I am sure it is other young people out there with a sudden interest of telephones, but not knowing they are collectors.

dsk

Holtzer-Cabot

Quote from: dsk on October 02, 2016, 05:13:04 AM
:) I hope it is others, I have been interested in telephones since I was 7, but collecting... I'm nut sur when it started, I just suddenly had lots of them.  Not for having them, but still I have them for exploring all the solutions,how they work, how they solved problems, and the fun of making them work again.

I am sure it is other young people out there with a sudden interest of telephones, but not knowing they are collectors.

dsk
Yeah telephones are fun! I am 14, so I am probably the youngest collector/hobbyist, and I also repair old tube radios and electronics. right now I am working on an ITT 2500. My main phone is a '61 Western Electric 500. I also have a 1903 hand crank magneto wall phone! It is made by Stromberg-Carlson.
Western Electric - A unit of the Bell System and main supplier of AT&T since 1882! -15 year old phone collector!