News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Forum Spell Check locking up the software more than once

Started by Nick in Manitou, April 20, 2017, 01:59:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick in Manitou

I have had the software lock-up when using spell check on entries to the forum in the last couple days.  I had to use task manager to close Chrome before any input would be taken.

I was not trying to post any photos at the time.

(Please feel free to delete this post if it is in the incorrect place.)

Nick

TelePlay

Quote from: Nick in Manitou on April 20, 2017, 01:59:58 PM
I have had the software lock-up when using spell check on entries to the forum in the last couple days.  I had to use task manager to close Chrome before any input would be taken.

I was not trying to post any photos at the time.

(Please feel free to delete this post if it is in the incorrect place.)

Nick

Nick,

I never use the spell check provided in the forum in that Win7 puts a red line under a word that is spelled wrong allowing me to do a right click on it and select the correct spelling.

And, I have no experience with Chrome, main Browser here is Firefox, IE when needed.

Might be something does not "click" between Chrome and the Forum Spell Check.

I just used the spell check and noticed it brings up a pop up window. I've had pop up windows freeze other programs requiring using the Task Manager to exit the program. Can't remember which ones though. The computer pros on the forum can better address this, the pop up vs fire wall settings, etc.

Anyone else have that problem?

HarrySmith

I had the same problem when I tried the spell check a long time ago. I also had the same thing when trying to use the spell check on eBay when creating a listing. I have not tried to use it in a while and as already stated the spell check in Windows works just fine.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"