News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Is nothing sacred?

Started by Greg G., February 20, 2010, 11:37:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

Book collectors will like these.  So will silverfish eventually.  Yes, they were real books.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Steve

Is that a salvation army store?
somebody is gonna bring some class to their crack house LOL!

it amazes me how people can ruin things of real value, and think they are doing something good
. I don't have cable anymore, but I remember seeing the home improvement type shows.

" Oh?! they have an antique something in the basement? lets paint it!" then the homeowners come back and cry/are super pissed.

anyone touches my old anything is gonna get a smack.
you think you are gonna turn my 54 500 into an herb planter will ya? KA POW!

crafty people are the devil Bobby Boucher!
If you're a long way from home,
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,
Something just ain't right.

Greg G.

Quote from: Steve on February 21, 2010, 12:00:32 AM
Is that a salvation army store?

Close, Helping Hand Thrift store.  No phones though.  There were actually two of those lamps, they both had some interesting titles.

Quote from: Steve on February 21, 2010, 12:00:32 AM
"Oh?! they have an antique something in the basement? lets paint it!" then the homeowners come back and cry/are super pissed.

Sometimes it's the owners.  "Hey, let's use that 70s antique-ing kit on this old record player!  That'll be so cool!"

(At least it's not a lamp!)  :o

The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

bingster

Ughhhh, those 1970s antiquing kits!  My mother did my brothers cherry bedroom furniture in the reddish color those kits came in.  I've never seen any real antique that looked anything like what those kits produced.  Nasty stuff.
= DARRIN =

ntophones

Aren't there already enough lamps in the world? ???
--nto

savageje

I've just never had a situation where I said to myself, "Hey, that (phone/vase/stack of books/whatever) would make a great lamp!"  It seems like every antique mall and flea market is littered with horrifyingly tacky lamp conversions.  It must have been a fad that I missed.

AET

Yes, we bought a store and I was cleaning out the basement and found 6 lamps!

Quote from: ntophones on March 09, 2010, 07:50:33 PM
Aren't there already enough lamps in the world? ???
- Tom

bwanna

if something old is not salvageable for it's original use, i am all for using it in some crafty manner. for instance if the pages of the books are ruined  & unreadable, making a lamp out of them saves going to the landfill. but don't wreck good stuff for your "martha stewart" creations >:(

one that really burns me using records to to make bowls & clocks!

i remember using those antiquing kits. i paid the price for my blasphemy when i had to strip all that ugliness off to restore the furniture to it's original beauty. the current trend is the "shabby chic" look :o, which i hate.
donna