News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

10 Button NE Contessa Light Issue

Started by HarrySmith, August 08, 2018, 08:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

I have been working on a Contessa, the one I asked about a light transformer for. I had found an AE transformer but it is not the same. I ended up getting one off eBay for about $6. Then I ordered bulbs which I received. When I connect it to power the light is always on, no matter what. The switch does not change it. The switch hook also does nothing to the brightness. It does not shut off. I checked the wiring against the schematic and the wires are in the correct places. What am I missing here?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

HarrySmith

Ignore previous post. It works! I guess I fixed it although I am not sure how. After installing the bulb I had the problem mentioned above. I had it apart for testing and made my post after checking wiring etc. I decided to put it back together to test the phone operation and the light is working fine! Thanks for all your help ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Key2871

Sounds like the switch was shorted on.
So no mater what you did, it was on.
No sweat, I've done it before too.. glad you fixed it!
Harry Smith, certified princess repair and service.
Just joshin ya.
KEN

Jim Stettler

Quote from: HarrySmith on August 08, 2018, 09:01:41 PM
Ignore previous post. It works! I guess I fixed it although I am not sure how. After installing the bulb I had the problem mentioned above. I had it apart for testing and made my post after checking wiring etc. I decided to put it back together to test the phone operation and the light is working fine! Thanks for all your help ;D
I am an alarm technician.
We Call it FM (Freakin' Magic) It might stay fixed forever or until tomorrow, then you can try again.
JMO,
JimS.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

HarrySmith

I am not sure if there was a problem or if I created a problem trying to operate it with the housing off? Now I am having an issue with the dial pad. The top row is not producing correct tones. It is an early 10 button and I have heard they are prone to problems. I have successfully cleaned the contacts on one before so I will be trying that this weekend. I will keep you posted. Eventually this properly working phone will be up for sale! If you need a nice White 10 button for your collection this is it!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"