"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Using a AE D-56515A ringer with a modern network in a converted phone

Started by RotoTech99, May 09, 2020, 08:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RotoTech99

Dear Forum:

I've been asked an interesting question by one of my customers regarding if it's possible to use an AE D-56515A ringer in an AE34 similar to the one he bought from me that is also a converted phone in place of a mini ringer...

I'm hoping you can help me answer his question, please; I told him that as long as there is enough room internally to mount it, and it doesn't interfere with the dial or hookswitch,, that part should not pose a problem.

But as far the proper capacitor to allow the D-56515A to ring on the modern network, I did not know, and would have to look into it and see what
I could find out, I told him honestly.

So now, I need some advice and ideas on how I could accomplish what he asked me about please.

If it can be done, I'd like to know how so that I can use it to make the next converted phone I encounter have  a more appropriate ringing sound.

I would be very thankful for any advice and suggestions the Forum. can offer me on this, please.

The Forum has helped me a great deal on other phone issues for which I'm grateful and appreciative.

Thank you,
RotoTech99