News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Norstar feature

Started by poplar1, January 14, 2016, 01:00:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poplar1

How do you unforward a Nortel 7100 (ext.231)?  Display  is showing "Forward > 0." Keys are labeled Hold, Feature, Park and Release. All calls are forwarding to the receptionist.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

jsowers

According to this manual on pdf, on page 63, it's Feature (button under the display) # and then 4, in that order.

http://pdf.textfiles.com/manuals/TELECOM-A-E/BCM%202.5%20Telephone%20Features%20Programming%20Guide%20-%20Version%202.pdf

Once we had a receptionist at one of our elementary schools forward the calls at the main desk to a local restaurant, by accident. We all got a good laugh out of that one. I think we had to call her extension and tell her to take off the forwarding, that the restaurant was tired of getting all the school's phone calls.  :)
Jonathan

poplar1

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

AE_Collector

Many or most Norstar features are activated by pushing Feature * whatever and deactivated by Feature # whatever.

I once showed a customer who happened to be the local office of a Member of Parliament in Vancouver how to forward calls using my cellphone as a target for the demonstration. Apparently I failed to properly wipe my cell number from the forward and eventually they must have played somewhat unsuccessfully with activating a call forward. All weekend I kept getting the phone calls for the MP's office. I never again used my number when demonstrating ANYTHING!

Terry

NorthernElectric

Quote from: jsowers on January 14, 2016, 03:24:59 PMOnce we had a receptionist at one of our elementary schools forward the calls at the main desk to a local restaurant, by accident. We all got a good laugh out of that one. I think we had to call her extension and tell her to take off the forwarding, that the restaurant was tired of getting all the school's phone calls.  :)

So if she was the receptionist didn't she work at the main desk?  Did you call her extension during her lunch break so you could get her at the restaurant?   :D
Cliff