News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

A New Radio Controlled Clock

Started by 19and41, March 18, 2017, 09:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

19and41

When daylight saving reset took place, my radio controlled clocks in the living and computer changed themselves.  My poor old alarm, not so much.  The next day I found a nice radio controlled on Ebay, made by LaCrosse Technologies. It has it's share of extras, moon phase, hygrometer and thermometer.  I set it up last night, and it dawned on me that with the white noise generator and phone charger on the nightstand, there may be too much electrical noise to allow it to receive the time signal.  I was surprised to see the little icon below the moon phase indicator showing it had set itself overnight.it also allows turning off the display to come on when the snooze bar is pressed.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

TelePlay

Cool clock. What did it cost?

I also needed a new clock radio and found a nice one two weeks ago with auto-time set, USB port, AUX in and NFC for a phone which my iPhone does not have. Dual increasing alarms, day indicator, snooze, sleep, battery back up, preset stations, 3 level display intensity, larger numerals in blue etc. What bugged me was no AM - sign of the times. Instructions said the time set works when plugged into an AC socket, that must be the aerial. $30

And, it has stereo speakers, one on each side and of better quality than the radio I tossed. Makes mp3 into AUX enjoyable listening in sleep mode - no commercials.

I'm happy with it but would have enjoyed the moon phase indicator you have.

19and41

Nice find!  Mine also has a USB charge port, although I use a charge mat for the phone.  After getting up, my old console does the radio function.  I just hope this unit lasts like the one it is replacing.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

Cole

Quote from: TelePlay on March 18, 2017, 04:00:53 PM
Cool clock. What did it cost?

I also needed a new clock radio and found a nice one two weeks ago with auto-time set, USB port, AUX in and NFC for a phone which my iPhone does not have. Dual increasing alarms, day indicator, snooze, sleep, battery back up, preset stations, 3 level display intensity, larger numerals in blue etc. What bugged me was no AM - sign of the times. Instructions said the time set works when plugged into an AC socket, that must be the aerial. $30

And, it has stereo speakers, one on each side and of better quality than the radio I tossed. Makes mp3 into AUX enjoyable listening in sleep mode - no commercials.

I'm happy with it but would have enjoyed the moon phase indicator you have.

That looks quite a bit like an "Emerson" that I got recently. Mine also has a blue night light you can turn on that shines underneath, but it only has one speaker. The auto time set on mine just means it's programmed at the factory for the time and date and then a battery keeps the time until you plug it in. Mine also has Bluetooth so I can pair my phone to play through the speaker and I can control the tracks and play/pause music from the clock/radio.