Main Menu

The CRPF "Old Phones in Movies & TV" Compilation

Started by HobieSport, November 23, 2008, 01:45:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McHeath

AET

- Tom

gpo706

I was trying to recall a movie I saw with a lady kidnapped and locked in a barn, and the bad guy remembers there is a white 554 screwed on a post in the barn and whacks it with a sledgehammer before she can use it.

Well now its on TV, and it is called "Cellular", the lady is Kim Basinger and the bad guy is Jason Statham.

She manages to get the remnants of the 554 to work and calls random folk trying to get help.

It's a cracking phone flick, and no doubt ghost-written by someone on here!

PS - why would anyone have a WHITE 554 in a barn?
"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

bellsystemproperty

It wasn't a white 554, wasn't it a 2500? Or was there more than one phone?

gpo706

Donno dude, the barn one last like 20 seconds before Statham whacks it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6V96fY9fqw

Not for the faint hearted, phone-wise (CONTAINS A SCENE SOME PEOPLE HERE MAY FIND DISTRESSING)!

Anhyow some of us have had parcels delivered like that, obviously Statham has an extra job in the postal service...

bellsystemproperty

Ok you're right it is a 554. That' so sad, he killed an innocent phone. PHONE MURDERER!!!

gpo706

Grabs: def a dial.

gpo706

Ha ha, its white because thats the only colour that would light well in that dark set.

Phonesrfun

Maybe the one John S. showed a week or so ago came from a barn.  Sure looks like it.  And I saw the movie about her piecing the phone together to make a call.  Reminded me of what we sometimes do to get these things to work.

-Bill G

McHeath

Oh yeah, we could totally get that 554 to work again.  You'd have to try a lot harder to kill one than simply wacking it with a sledge hammer.  As we all know these phones are like cockroaches, they refuse to die. 

gpo706

Quote from: McHeath on December 13, 2009, 11:13:21 PM
Oh yeah, we could totally get that 554 to work again.  You'd have to try a lot harder to kill one than simply wacking it with a sledge hammer.  As we all know these phones are like cockroaches, they refuse to die. 

Kim Basinger did a good job on that 554, do you think we should offer her guest membership? I would.

And on a similar note:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfCYzJAgwrw

gpo706

Quote from: Phonesrfun on December 13, 2009, 07:04:04 PM
Maybe the one John S. showed a week or so ago came from a barn.  Sure looks like it.  And I saw the movie about her piecing the phone together to make a call.  Reminded me of what we sometimes do to get these things to work.

No Bill,

He'd need Statham with a hammer, or the postal service to get it in that condition, I'd still rather have Ms Basinger fiddle with my bits though...

Greg G.

Quote from: bellsystemproperty on December 13, 2009, 06:43:08 PM
Ok you're right it is a 554. That' so sad, he killed an innocent phone. PHONE MURDERER!!!

At least it's not a lamp!
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Greg G.

Quote from: gpo706 on December 13, 2009, 06:25:52 PM
... - why would anyone have a WHITE 554 in a barn?

So later on when it gets good and dirty and they think it's junk they will sell it cheap to a phone collector who can clean it up nicely, like this former barn phone ($11.25):

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=1638.msg21800#msg21800
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

gpo706

That's lovely Brinybay, but what if Statham came round with his hammer?