News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Poundland "Antique" bulbs...

Started by twocvbloke, December 15, 2017, 01:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TelePlay

Does he have a web site or a post somewhere that shows his antique light bulbs? They would be interesting to see and different that the modern antique style bulbs mentioned above.

19and41

One thing that can be fun with long filament bulbs like that that aren't completely supported within the envelope, is to take a rare earth magnet and bring it up close to the filament and watch it vibrate.  when I was young, they made bulbs with a magnet on a post just under the filament that would make the filament flop back and forth for the LSD set.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

twocvbloke

I have a squirrel cage bulb whose filaments tend to vibrate without any magnets nearby, don't know if it's something to do with the higher voltage or the 50Hz mains frequency, but, it is funny to see... :)

AL_as_needed

Quote from: Babybearjs on December 18, 2017, 02:13:29 AM
I have a friend in N.Y. who collects antique lamps too... originals, no LEDs.  his name is Daniel Fenner... He also makes new vintage light strings that use the old E-10 15 Volt Christmas lights.  but his passion is the Antique lights bulbs.... He's got quite a collection...

Where about? Could always go on a CRPF photo-field trip  :D
TWinbrook7