"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Hideous Telephones

Started by Stephen Furley, August 04, 2009, 05:42:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jsowers

Quote from: Pourme on September 20, 2017, 06:34:29 PM
Good eye. I see the difference. Are you saying the cover it's self came from the phone company and not a third party?

here is a link to the auction. It's pricey!

http://tinyurl.com/yc2cxtow

Oh no, that cover was nothing WE ever did. It was definitely third party and quite frankly an ugly piece of junk that ruined the nice lines of the phone. It needs to look original if at all possible. Yes it's quite pricey. It's not even worth the shipping price.
Jonathan

Babybearjs

that was one of those "Hollywood" decorations you could "Hide" your phone under.... never did like them they are quite ugly!
John

Pourme

It was resisted with a starting bid of $37.00.....$45 shipping!

It ships from Ft Laderdale Fla, John it may go through your favorite PO!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

TelePlay

Quote from: Pourme on September 26, 2017, 10:43:05 PM
It was relisted with a starting bid of $37.00.....$45 shipping!

It ships from Ft Laderdale Fla, John it may go through your favorite PO!

Hah! TOPPO (the Opa Locka Post Office) has been hit an miss lately. Bought something from Miami last week that went to and through OL in just an hour and I got it two days later. And it wasn't soggy. Could be the USPS got enough bad publicity on Google and elsewhere to clean up that operation. The last three things I got from southern Florida that went through OL did so quickly.

Okay, just jinxed myself.

As to this phone, why $45 in shipping. $45 for the phone including free shipping would be too high to sell, IMHO.

19and41

A yellow phone would look nice.  That crown job looks doodly ca-ca-poo-poo.   ???
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

Babybearjs

Just remember.... some people are purposely over charging postage to make up for a low selling price...... or, they are just dumb and greedy!
John

AL_as_needed

Quote from: Babybearjs on September 26, 2017, 11:38:13 PM
Just remember.... some people are purposely over charging postage to make up for a low selling price...... or, they are just dumb and greedy!

That and then the  "well this is old and therefore must be valuable" mindset to make that junk then and still junk now piece a sudden treasure.
TWinbrook7

Pourme

Quote from: AL_as_needed on September 27, 2017, 06:51:14 AM
That and then the  "well this is old and therefore must be valuable" mindset to make that junk then and still junk now piece a sudden treasure.

True, Ebay is usually the great teacher of lessons....
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Someone has to much time on their hands.

They must own a K-Tel Bottle Cutter Kit.  ???

Description
Made from old Guinness & Whiskey Bottles

AL_as_needed

Not going to lie, that's actually pretty clever. Tacky, yes, but clever.
TWinbrook7

CanadianGuy

I think this belongs here?

CanadianGuy

More stuff seen online.

19and41

A Reg'lar harvest of good taste.  :D
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

TelePlay

Quote from: CanadianGuy on October 13, 2017, 09:18:24 PM
I think this belongs here?

I made the same mistake a long time ago thinking it was a hack home brew project. Yes, may be hideous but it is actually a "Periscope" style phone by TeleConcepts.

paul-f has them posted on his site:

http://www.paul-f.com/Teleconcepts.html

they are different but it was the 70s and they were different and there must have been a market. They show up on eBay every so often.

CanadianGuy

Neat! Thanks for the info :) should I leave it or edit my post?