News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Topic Removed

Started by Dan/Panther, July 08, 2010, 12:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

I went back to read the entire thread on the Mayan Calender, and it appears that I touched upon a religious item, and being that I completely agree with McHeath and Dennis I felt it best if I  just delete the topic, to insure no further additions may create a problem, or cause anyone to feel badly.
I hope this was not a bad decision on my part, but I do not want this forum to even hint of the likes of others I belong to.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Dennis Markham

No harm, no foul.  No problem on my end, Dan.

HarrySmith

Thanks! I like this forum a whole lot more than some other phone related lists ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Dan/Panther

Dennis, Harry;
Thanks for the support. If it's not phone related and it even slightly offends, I see no problem with the author or moderator removing it, so long as an explanation is posted so everyone is aware of the reason.
D/P

teka-bb

Hello Dan,

I think you made the right decision.
=============================================
Regards,

Remco, JKL Museum of Telephony Curator

JKL Museum of Telephony: http://jklmuseum.com/
TCI Library: http://www.telephonecollectors.info/

AE_Collector

Not that I had any problem with the material what so ever, I did sort of think it was straying a bit far from phone collecting.

It is good to keep discussions at least remotely related to phones initially, no matter how far the discussion might stray as it progresses.

It is good that we can all discuss this without a flame war of any sort!

Just my thoughts...

Terry

Kenny C

if you thought i was offended I wasnt in the least. I am sorry if I was knocking any ones relegoion.
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

dsk

;D
I have respect for this, but seen from Norway, it looks a little bit overkill.

This forum is not for politics or religions, but we should able to not get harmed for people telling what their values are, as far as they don't try to make us do the same.

It will always be a limit, and the limit will be moved. If someone dislike something on the forum it will the moderators job to set the limit. If someone PM him he has to judge, and do the right thing. He has to stand for it, and the one who has complained has the right to be anonymous.

It was probably right to remove it, and I know i have touched politics here in other threads, not understanding how it made people angry. My apologies for that, and thank you for telling me.

I am learning more about the differences between US and Norwegian culture.

dsk

HarrySmith

The problem with topics like politics and religon is that there is no "right thing". No matter what your opinion or view there will always be someone who takes offense to it ;)
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Dan/Panther

I agree Harry, I respect your opinion no matter how wrong it is.... :o :o
D/P

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Kenny C

this is what i like about this place. if you guys even thing it even slightly offends someone you will remove it. You all are very thoughtful.
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

McHeath

We only seem that way Kenny.  Actually we are all reptiles from the planet V, and once we lull humanity into a false sense of security by faking them out with this forum, we will consume all the rotary phones of planet Earth!

Muu-huu-haa-haa-haa!
;)

Dan/Panther

McHeath we are not to reveal or plan too soon.
D/P

AET

I'm gettin' my gun.

Quote from: McHeath on July 09, 2010, 11:09:38 PM
We only seem that way Kenny.  Actually we are all reptiles from the planet V, and once we lull humanity into a false sense of security by faking them out with this forum, we will consume all the rotary phones of planet Earth!

Muu-huu-haa-haa-haa!
;)

- Tom