News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Ivory Continental - Is it Real?

Started by LarryInMichigan, August 05, 2012, 09:47:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryInMichigan

My current service with Cavalier uses their equipment co-located at the AT&T CO.  The previous service with Cleartel/Birch was ATA&T service resold for a lower price.

Larry

Doug Rose

I have had Comcast digital for the last five years. No issues. All my rotary phones ring and break dial tone outside my Panasonic 616. I use the P616 mostly for internal calling in my phone room and on my test bench. I do miss the Music on Talk that Verizon gave me at no extra charge. ...Doug
Kidphone

poplar1

Let me rephrase: Is there any reason other than cost (and apparent degraded service Doug experienced) for not wanting a "real" telephone line to go with your real telephones?
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

LarryInMichigan

I do have a "real" telephone line.  It just doesn't connect to AT&T equipment at the CO.

Larry

LarryInMichigan

The phone arrived less than an hour ago.  The paint does look good.  I cannot tell if it is a factory job or not.  Perhaps I can compare side-by-side with Dennis's ivory Continental some time.  The dial is a 5H dated 5-51.  The number plate is plastic stuck to a steel base.  The finger wheel is for a #6 dial which was cut out a bit and forced onto the dial.  The handset cord is in good condition.  I am not sure if I got a good deal or not on this.

Larry