News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Turquoise 564

Started by compubit, November 28, 2015, 02:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

compubit

I recently picked up a turquoise 564 on eBay. Again, hard to tell if it's turquoise or aqua blue, but it's turquoise down to the nice thick turquoise line cord. The phone is filthy, but a quick clean (and a turquoise handset cord), it'll be "back near new". A previous user has added a silver 4 conductor line cord - but it shorts out the line on my Panasonic when the line rings...  Also the turquoise cord has been nicked (with broken wires) - debating on shortening it with a new Amphenol connector... (Not sure I want to get into the soldering business again...). I'm guessing turquoise wasn't a promoted color - I haven't seen any others in my short time back in collecting...

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

podor

Nice! That's the first turquoise I've seen in 1A2 equipment. Does it have a black handset cord, or is it just that dirty?

compubit

It's a black handset cord.  Now my challenge is to find a WE turquoise one - I have a 554 turquoise I'm refinishing that I can steal from, but will need to replace at some point...

Good thing is there isn't any fading - just dirt (and some small scratches to polish out...

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

Babybearjs

Check with Oldphoneworks. they might have the cord you are looking for.
John