"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Automatic Electric Parade

Started by JorgeAmely, January 19, 2011, 10:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JorgeAmely

Terry:

I didn't know you were selling your gray AE80!
Jorge

Jim Stettler

I have been watching that phone. Jon Kolger is the seller. Jon has good taste in phones.
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

AE_Collector

Quote from: JorgeAmely on January 19, 2011, 10:58:38 PM
Terry:

I didn't know you were selling your gray AE80!

It's just the flash that's making it look gray. Let me try again and let me know if this one looks closer to Dawn Gray.

Terry

JorgeAmely

Phon-AE-lics:

How about this cool two tone?

Jorge

stub

JorgeAmely,
                 I guess we can't snipe these now ;D ;D ;D  Did you notice the color of the plunger stop on the two-tone? All 3 are very nice PHONES. I'd like to have them all !!!!!!!   Probably too rich for my blood!    
                                                                                                                          stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

JorgeAmely

Uncle Vito couldn't loan me the $312 needed to win the Gray AE80 auction. Bummer.

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=230574829274
( dead link 02-18-22 )
Jorge

AE_Collector

Quote from: JorgeAmely on January 21, 2011, 04:08:37 PM
Uncle Vito couldn't loan me the $312 needed to win the Gray AE80 auction. Bummer.

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=230574829274

Oh my goodness...is that what it finsished at!! Let me take a look...

Aahhh.....David S*****a  He's been working on his AE collection lately. I bet he has the other hard to find AE on ebaY right now in his sites too.....

Now Jorge is going to want $311 and change to refinish my gray one for me! Maybe I should take it to "Maaco" for the $249 complete repaint job. They are throwing in 4 hours of body work at the moment too!

Terry

Phoniac

$311 DOLLARS! Did I miss something?
You guys gotta clue me on prices of phones nowadays. These I literally use to see at garage sales for $2-$5 as I walk by them.

AE_Collector

Quote from: Phoniac on January 21, 2011, 04:51:46 PM
$311 DOLLARS! Did I miss something?
You guys gotta clue me on prices of phones nowadays. These I literally use to see at garage sales for $2-$5 as I walk by them.

$5 for one in black maybe but not Dawn Gray or Colonial (Dark) Blue....

Terry

Phoniac

AE, Found a lot of colors but, the biggest problem is that I couldn't tell Grey from Blue grey and many other colors apart because I'm the only once CET that's colorblind.
Almost had a job with Ma Bell back in the 70's until they pulled out a wad of wire and asked what colors there were. So I became a truck driver instead. LOL!
True Story

stub

Terry,  ::)
         You in for the 2 tone party  ;D   The gray 80 did so well I broke out a new pack of sandpaper. Yep!! It's for that 880  :o     stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

AE_Collector

Yes that 880 is going to be a project for sure but looks as though it could be worth it Ken! We will need pictures of before and after of course...

Terry

JorgeAmely

Quote from: ae_collector on January 21, 2011, 04:51:12 PM
... Now Jorge is going to want $311 and change to refinish my gray one for me! Maybe I should take it to "Maaco" for the $249 complete repaint job. They are throwing in 4 hours of body work at the moment too!

Terry: Just an unwanted red AE40 with chrome trim will do it.  ;D ;D ;D

Jorge

AE_Collector

Quote from: JorgeAmely on January 22, 2011, 12:03:02 PM
Terry: Just an unwanted red AE40 with chrome trim will do it.  ;D ;D ;D

I don't think that there is such a thing as an "unwanted red 40" is there?! "Error... Error..Does Not Compute...Error...."

Terry

JorgeAmely

Terry:

The blue phone exchanged hands for $611.22 Hold on to your blue!
Jorge