Annoying new poster.

AE_Collector

Ended:Dec 03, 2012 19:26:53 PST  
Winning bid:US $644.00 [ 17 bids ]  
Shipping:$11.35 Expedited Shipping  
Item location:New Caney, Texas, United States
Seller:phone-sweep (493 )  

Nice going Barry (phone-sweep).
Glad to see you are cashing in at least once in awhile. Beautiful restoration as always.

Barry is a member here on CRPF

Terry  

Doug Rose

Quote from: George Knighton on December 04, 2012, 01:15:02 PM
Quote from: Doug Rose on December 04, 2012, 01:03:56 PM
Here is a 302 that exceeded all expectations!...Doug

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140891823203

E1.  Gets 'em every time, eh.

George...little more than an E1, this is dated IV/36 first run of WE 302s with everything I mentioned earlier in this post, including an outstanding repaint and painstaking cleaning on the inside. ...Doug
Kidphone

phone-sweep

Yep, that would be my auction.  Terry told me about this thread....  I wasn't sure what to expect to read when I clicked on it - wasn't sure if I would be getting bad-mouthed or what..... :)  But I see mostly unhostile comments so far..... ;)

That particular phone I had for several years..... never worked it up because the feet were so ragged and riveted on.  But I recently found a guy who can redo the riveted feet....  Dennis Hallworth - some of you may know him...

I've only seen a couple of the 4th quarter '36 phones.  They have something else that is interesting, too, that I forgot to mention in the listing:  the housing has a "H1-3" stamped in the metal above the cord hole.  I think most of the '37 models (and some '38's, I believe) have "H1" stamped in the metal but this one has "H1-3"...... like to know the story behind that.....

And yep, Xmas is going to be a little merrier from this sale.   :)  A fellow from Ottawa, ON purchased it....

Tom B

That is one really desirable 302 - worth every penny of the sale, and, if I'd won it, would be in my downstairs hall working for a living in its turn.
Tom

AE_Collector

Thanks for checking in with "the rest of the story" Barry.

Terry

Doug Rose

Quote from: phone-sweep on December 04, 2012, 02:32:12 PM
Yep, that would be my auction.  Terry told me about this thread....  I wasn't sure what to expect to read when I clicked on it - wasn't sure if I would be getting bad-mouthed or what..... :)  But I see mostly unhostile comments so far..... ;)

That particular phone I had for several years..... never worked it up because the feet were so ragged and riveted on.  But I recently found a guy who can redo the riveted feet....  Dennis Hallworth - some of you may know him...

I've only seen a couple of the 4th quarter '36 phones.  They have something else that is interesting, too, that I forgot to mention in the listing:  the housing has a "H1-3" stamped in the metal above the cord hole.  I think most of the '37 models (and some '38's, I believe) have "H1" stamped in the metal but this one has "H1-3"...... like to know the story behind that.....

And yep, Xmas is going to be a little merrier from this sale.   :)  A fellow from Ottawa, ON purchased it....
Barry...you do outstanding work and this is just a beauty. This is a hostile free forum. We love phones and love to show our phones. Also to look ones that might be a tad out of reach. You should be very happy with your sale price, but I know there were many hours of work you put in to keep history alive for another genration.  Simply beautiful...Doug
Kidphone

phone-sweep

Thanks for the kind words, Doug.   I think those of us that sell restored phones on Ebay are all aware of each other..... I know I'm familiar with everyone mentioned in this thread.   I think besides making a few extra bucks, there is a satisfaction in giving an old phone a 2nd life...  :)