News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Ingraham Clock found at Curb side

Started by RDPipes, October 11, 2023, 08:21:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RDPipes

Found this clock along with others items sitting along side the road that the houses resident was giving away. I was told a piece fell out and it quite working. After taking it home and pulling the movement out I didn't find anything missing or out of place and went ahead and cleaned it a little and oiled all pivot points. This is my first Ingraham clock but, I have worked on some movements like it before. Put it all back together and she started working, flawlessly I might add and chimed the hours and half hours. It's been keeping great time so far with only a tiny speed adjustment needed. Things are kind of wonky about it as in not straight, rather cockeyed but I left it as it is being that's how it was originally. At first I thought it might be a Franken Clock because of it but, was told everything looks legit. It's "The Atlanta" model 8 day kitchen clock from 1917-1919, manufacture date stamped on the movement reads 1 16 (Jan 1916) and is also stamped E.Ingraham Bristol, CT. USA.

TelePlay

You don't have to put in the size numbers and you don't have to insert an image after attaching it (inserting is only needed when the narrative needs an image within it, when discussing it).

PS: I took out the sizes on the inserted images so they show better - even though the inserted images are, as you noted, redundant.

TelePlay

RDPipes

Quote from: TelePlay on October 11, 2023, 08:44:27 PMHere's an example of inserting attached images into the narrative:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=26447.msg256652#msg256652

That's a thread about your white 500 housing sir.

I figured it out, somehow somethings changed since the time I uploaded photos here since you changed it.
Or maybe it's just me not remembering, LOL!

TelePlay

A new version of the SMF software was recently uploaded and it included the height and width options, along with the insert option.

Insert puts the image into the text box wherever or exactly where the cursor is at that moment of insertion.

I have no idea of why the size options were included, I have not figured them out and do not use them. I find that option useless.

And, yes, I used the topic on my white 500 to show, as an example, how attached images can be inserted within the text to support the narrative. When doing a step by step post, the insert function is really helpful in putting an attached image exactly where it is being discussed in the text.

BTW, nice clock.

RDPipes

Quote from: TelePlay on October 11, 2023, 09:23:46 PMA new version of the SMF software was recently uploaded and it included the height and width options, along with the insert option.

Insert puts the image into the text box wherever or exactly where the cursor is at that moment of insertion.

I have no idea of why the size options were included, I have not figured them out and do not use them. I find that option useless.

And, yes, I used the topic on my white 500 to show, as an example, how attached images can be inserted within the text to support the narrative. When doing a step by step post, the insert function is really helpful in putting an attached image exactly where it is being discussed in the text.

BTW, nice clock.

Thank you sir,  ;)