and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Find of the Month - November 2011

Started by AE_Collector, October 30, 2011, 06:31:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Find of the Month - November 2011

Dave F's Gray WE 2500 at bargain-basement price of only $5.00 +$10s/h on ebaY
3 (12%)
Stockdale's Mahogany AE 40 that an Antique Store only wanted $40 for!
19 (76%)
Nilsog's 20-S Screw Shaft Candlestick with Bonus Spacesaver for $100 at an Antique Store
2 (8%)
Dan/Panther's 4 Button 302 (444?) for $20.50 on ebaY
1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

AE_Collector

Post your "Finds of the Month" for November 2011 Here.

"Finds of the Month" are items that you acquired this month that you are particulatly excited about either because of its rarity, the difficulty you had in trying to find one for your collection or the exceptional "deal" you got on its price etc.

Terry

Dave F

Gray W.E. phones are always tough to find, especially at bargain-basement prices.  I nominate this nice gray 2500 set which I just won on eBay for only $5.00 (+$10s/h).

AE_Collector

Okay, I guess I will have to nominate this one:

Stockdale's beat up old AE 40 that even an Antique Store could only justify asking $40 for it.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=5762.0

Terry

Sargeguy

I nominate Nilsog's 20-S and C-1.  Screw shaft candlesticks are hard to come by and 4H conversion dials don't exactly grow on trees.

<edit> Pictures and links added by AE_collector.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=5777.0
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Dan/Panther

Not the greatest find, but points out that prices for modern phones are down. I paid $20.50 for this 4 button 302.
Dan

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

AE_Collector

Okay, the Poll is ready to go so lets vote for November 2011's Find of the Month. Only 4 choices this month so not a big investment in time to make your choice and cast your vote.

Terry

AE_Collector

Okay, lets give the award to Stockdale. Congratulations Stockdale! I am not sure if we have ever had such a run away winner before. He already has the award, a Mahogany AE40 with Gold trim for $40 so lets call it even.

On with Decembers Find of the Month now.

Thanks everyone!

Terry