News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Does Anyone Have Any Idea What Company Made This Telephone

Started by Ktownphoneco, March 02, 2017, 06:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ktownphoneco

A friend of mine just acquired the telephone depicted in the accompanying pictures, and neither he, nor I, have any idea what telephone manufacturer made the set.   Aside from it's obvious round oak body, it has a beveled, and numbered transmitter face plate, with the number 'L152244" stamped on a somewhat ornate tag, it also appears to have an induction coil located within the round wood housing.
If anyone knows, or has any idea what telephone maker produced this telephone, please let me know.

Thanks, and enjoy the evening.

Jeff Lamb

Stubbypylon

Jeff,

I remember seeing this on Kijiji but wasn't willing to travel to see it in person.  I wondered if it was two separate parts put together.  The transmitter face plate, in my opinion, is a Canadian Independent used on the early CITCO cast iron base candlestick that mimics the Monarch (see attached).  The rest of the phone looks like an intercom to me.
Craig Stanowski

Ktownphoneco

Thanks Craig.   I know your knowledgeable when it comes to Canadian Independent sets, and based on that, I would have to agree with you.    Where on Kijiji was it listed, Toronto area ?
I'll pass that information along to the fellow.
Thanks.

Jeff

Stubbypylon

Jeff,

Yes there's an antique dealer in the east end of Toronto that was selling this along with many other things on Kijiji.  He had a string phone and still has a Stromberg subset listed.  I can only comment on the transmitter faceplate & back cup being CITCO.  The rest of the phone looks older to me which is why I thought someone put the two pieces together.  It may very well be a complete CITCO phone I've just never seen one like it.

Thanks,
Craig Stanowski