News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Federal Grab A Phone

Started by Fabius, January 03, 2015, 03:55:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabius

I just picked up a Federal Telephone "Grab A Phone". Did Federal call it a "Grab A Phone" or did only Kellogg? This phone appears earlier then the Kellogg "Grab A Phone"? And finally the base plate on mine has no covering which appears correct, is that the way they were?
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

wds

I always liked these phones.  Here's a picture of mine.  The base on yours looks like it might be nickel plated.  The transmitter on yours is odd - do you have more pictures of the handset?
Dave

Fabius

I'll take pictures tomorrow. The transmitter is marked Federal Telephone Mfg and looks original. An earlier version?
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Fabius

Quote from: wds on January 03, 2015, 04:12:51 PM
I always liked these phones.  Here's a picture of mine. 

Is your base covered with something or just exposed metal?
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

wds

Mine has a metal bottom plate, covered in felt that wraps around and inside the bottom of the phone.  Nice and neat.
Dave

Fabius

Transmitter.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

wds

Here's pictures of the base plate.  The felt is held on by thread - you can see where they ran thread through the felt and pulled it tight. 
Dave

Doug Rose

That looks like one of Marie Prewitt's base covers that she made with the threads to pull tight. She made them to fit 202 bases as well as Candlestick bases. Marie is a member of the Forum.....Doug
Kidphone

Fabius

Quote from: Doug Rose on January 05, 2015, 05:55:40 PM
That looks like one of Marie Prewitt's base covers that she made with the threads to pull tight. She made them to fit 202 bases as well as Candlestick bases. Marie is a member of the Forum.....Doug

What is her forum name?
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Fabius

Quote from: wds on January 05, 2015, 05:49:28 PM
Here's pictures of the base plate.  The felt is held on by thread - you can see where they ran thread through the felt and pulled it tight.

Thanks.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905