News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Chicago Candlestick

Started by wds, February 06, 2011, 09:54:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wds

I purchased this Chicago "Oil Can" Candlestick with the hopes of adding the missing receiver arm, and adding it to my collection.  Upon inspection however, I see that it's missing the switch parts also.  Does anyone know if these missing parts are available?  I don't have another Chicago to compare with, so I'm not even sure how many parts are missing.  The candlestick is almost flawless except for the missing parts, and I would hate to have to send it back, but if I can't find the parts I may have to let it go.  I think it would look kind of strange next to my other phones without at least the arm.  Can anyone help?
Dave

Doug Rose

Quote from: wds2185 on February 06, 2011, 09:54:33 AM
I purchased this Chicago "Oil Can" Candlestick with the hopes of adding the missing receiver arm, and adding it to my collection.  Upon inspection however, I see that it's missing the switch parts also.  Does anyone know if these missing parts are available?  I don't have another Chicago to compare with, so I'm not even sure how many parts are missing.  The candlestick is almost flawless except for the missing parts, and I would hate to have to send it back, but if I can't find the parts I may have to let it go.  I think it would look kind of strange next to my other phones without at least the arm.  Can anyone help?
Dave.... I cannot tell from your pictures, is there a slot for the switch hook? If there isn't this is a might just be a mic for a public address or intercom system...Doug
Kidphone

wds

Yes there is a slot - the picture is kind of dark, but you can see it in picture #1.  Based on one other (bad) picture I saw of a similar stem, the arm and switch bolt to the inner stem - then mounts in the shaft sideways.  I think what I have is correct for a regular candlestick, it's just missing the switch parts and arm.  I was hoping for a picture of a complete stick so I could compare.
Dave

marty

Hi All;
Is that like in "Oil Can Harry" ???
THANK YOU Marty

wds

Picked up another Chicago candlestick.  This one seems to be a cross between the Semi Potbelly and the Oil Can.  I haven't seen any like this one before.  I sent the painted parts out and had them professionally painted this time.  Nice beveled transmitter.  It's all Chicago, and a nice addition to my collection. 
Dave

G-Man

Quote from: wds on February 06, 2011, 09:54:33 AM
I purchased this Chicago "Oil Can" Candlestick with the hopes of adding the missing receiver arm, and adding it to my collection.  Upon inspection however, I see that it's missing the switch parts also.  Does anyone know if these missing parts are available?  I don't have another Chicago to compare with, so I'm not even sure how many parts are missing.  The candlestick is almost flawless except for the missing parts, and I would hate to have to send it back, but if I can't find the parts I may have to let it go.  I think it would look kind of strange next to my other phones without at least the arm.  Can anyone help?

A scan of the Chicago Telephone catalog is in the TCI library. It was scanned in three sections with the parts portion being listed in section three.

Chicago Telephone Supply - Catalogue Number Forty-Three ~ Part- 3