News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Telephone Pole Road

Started by Phonesrfun, March 28, 2010, 07:41:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phonesrfun

Here is a county road sign from Milton-Freewater, Oregon.  Pretty self-descriptive.

-Bill G

rp2813

There's a "Telephone Road" in Ventura, CA as well.  I think there may actually be a telco facility located on it, but am not entirely sure.
Ralph

Phonesrfun

This one has no telephone office on it, since it is in a wide open area between Milton-Freewater, OR and Walla Walla, WA, which are about 10 miles apart.  Most likely was once the main telco route between the two towns.

Interestingly, there is a road that is not far called Powerline Road. 

-Bill G

Greg G.

So I wonder, are there people who collect vintage telephone poles?
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Phonesrfun

I know an insulator collector in Richland, WA who has a couple of phone poles out in his back yard, where he displays his insulators.  So, I guess the answer is yes.
-Bill G

AET

That's a neat Idea.  Mine just sit on shelves.

Quote from: Phonesrfun on March 29, 2010, 12:25:53 PM
I know an insulator collector in Richland, WA who has a couple of phone poles out in his back yard, where he displays his insulators.  So, I guess the answer is yes.
- Tom

Jim Stettler

Quote from: AtomicEraTom on March 29, 2010, 02:16:56 PM
That's a neat Idea.  Mine just sit on shelves.

Quote from: Phonesrfun on March 29, 2010, 12:25:53 PM

A lot of insulator collectors use the "angled" pins to make wall displays. I have seen some in Oak that they sanded and stained. One guy used them for his coat rack (w/ common insulators, not the high $ stuff).
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.