News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

A contest of sorts.

Started by Dan/Panther, March 12, 2009, 10:39:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

I would like to know who has the two phones with the closest dates, that did not come from the same source.
Here is my contender.....

I received another 302 today, and when I removed the cover, I was very amazed to read the date on the inside of the case.
One I already have, and have been working on the last fwe days is dated 8-15-49-1, now today I got the date 8-19-49-2, made on different shifts but both the same week.
The 8- 19-49-2 has a slight crack, and the other case is not cracked but the dial was very tight.
Can anyone beat that, NOT from the same source.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Dennis Markham

I read this late this evening.....so I took some quick photos.   I happen to have two Model 500 cases with the exact same date on them both.  The date is 4 22 55 3.  I have mentioned this phone before because it is my birth date.  Actually since I was born just before midnight so I was born on the 3rd shift too.

On the one with the better stamp date the complete phone is dated 4-22-55 (except the mounting cord).  It's the phone on my Avatar.  It is the second one I found.  The first one with the lighter date I stumbled upon.  The rest of the phone is dated June of 1955.  Both are from eBay...both purchased at different times.  The "good" one came from Texas.  I don't know where the other came from.  They were purchased a good year or more apart.

I forgot about this red 500..........dated exactly a week prior.

Dan/Panther

Dennis;

Darn, Now I'm going to have to find two from the same shift.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Dennis Markham

From the same shift AND the SAME DAY.....  :)  I think the DNA of the guy that made them is on both of my cases. :)

Dan

It would be nice to get a birthday phone, but mine would be hard plastic. :D
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

rp2813

I have a couple of 8/38 302's but it looks like Dennis has already made this a tough contest to "win" at this point!
Ralph

AET

No, I cannot beat that, but I have one from march, and one from october 1978.
- Tom