Started by Gary G, February 17, 2010, 01:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JorgeAmely

McHeath:

Since when phone collectors do things that are cost effective?   :o :o :o
Jorge

McHeath

Oops, sorry, I dropped into logic mode there for a moment. :D

Yeah, there is not much that is cost effective about collecting old telephones eh? ;)

JorgeAmely

I am glad you didn't stray far.
Jorge

Gary G

Again, I appreciate all the suggestions and help.  I hooked up the new line cord, but I don't know where to connect the black lead to the 425E network.  The old line cord had the lug cut off the black lead and was not connected to the network.  The phone works, but does not ring at this point.  Thanks!

Phonesrfun

Black and yellow are ususlly not used.  Red and green are the important wires. 

Connect the line cord as follows:

Red L2
Green L1
Yellow (optional) G
Black (tape the end and just leave it off)

Ringer wires as follows:

Red L2
Black L1
Slate (Light gray) K
Slate with red stripe A

-Bill Geurts
-Bill G

Gary G

Thanks Bill.  I'll give it a try tonight and will yell for help if needed.  I learn a little more each day.

Gary G

Now the phone rings, however, when I dial, it rings slightly as well.  This seems to happen when the phone is plugged into an anwering machine only.

Dennis Markham

Gary, try moving the very thin wire that is located between the gongs, and under the clapper, all the way to the right.  This is the bias tension spring.  See if that helps at all. 

Gary G

Thanks Dennis.  All is good for now.  I haven't heard a phone ring like this one for almost 30 years and it brings back some nice memories.  Thanks to everyone that responded to my posts and I look forward to the next phone I'll be working on.  Even though I may not have much to contribute to the board at this time, I'll be keeping up with the posts because I find this hobby very interesting.  Thanks again guys!