and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Maroon North on eBay is PAINTED

Started by Doug Rose, February 22, 2017, 05:34:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Kidphone

TelePlay

When I saw that phone when listed, I wondered what that dime sized spot was in the housing just below the handset transmitter end.

Then I noticed the modular cord on the handset. And then there was the few cropped images with none of the back or the interior. And now this, being painted.

Might be a very disappointed buyer when this one ends. 4 bidding on it with 3 days to go.

Doug Rose

She said she would post the pics on eBay.  I told her winner would be very upset.....Doug
Kidphone

paul-f

The Stromberg dial with chipped fingerwheel is also a collector favorite.   :P
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

TelePlay

Quote from: Doug Rose on February 22, 2017, 10:53:49 AM
She said she would post the pics on eBay.  I told her winner would be very upset.....Doug

Ya think? - "be very upset" that is.

------------------

EDIT:  The seller did post an additional comment in her listing:

"On Feb-22-17 at 08:02:41 PST, seller added the following information:  *** The phone seems to have been painted brown- see pics that show black.  I revised pics of the inside of mouth piece and ear piece."

JimHyak

If she hadn't added the disclosure about the paint she would have learned first hand about eBays buyers protection. Can you say "Item not as described "?
Jim
It's not hoarding if you have cool stuff!

TelePlay

And with a new buyer, e***h ( 7057 ), putting in a bid within the past two hours at $48 (and after the paint disclosure), that lets both the seller and the prior bidders off the hook for an item bid on that was not as described. The current high bidder has high feedback so they either did not read the paint note and now have no recourse, or they want the phone for some reason, maybe parts. Will  see what happens at end time.

TelePlay

Sold for $48, no last second snipes. Seller and buyer who came is second are off the hook.

WEBellSystemChristian

Hey, it seems like there's finally an auction with undisclosed information that has a happy ending; the seller got a higher price for the phone despite being painted, and the buyer seems content with a black, mismatched North.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Doug Rose

OR the buyer thinks he got a maroon Bakelite phone and didn't read through all the garbage in the post to see it was painted in the very end of the script....Doug
Kidphone

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: Doug Rose on February 25, 2017, 01:55:36 PM
OR the buyer thinks he got a maroon Bakelite phone and didn't read through all the garbage in the post to see it was painted in the very end of the script....Doug
That's true. In that case, It's going to be pretty hard for the buyer to get a refund, assuming they think they're getting a true Brown Galion.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

TelePlay

Yeah, exactly. No recourse for the winner. It's his/her phone. And, no eBay issue for the seller. Winning bid placed post paint disclosure puts that sale under caveot emptor -- "buyer beware" as in "the principle that the buyer alone is responsible for checking the quality and suitability of goods before a purchase is made."

Quote from: TelePlay on February 24, 2017, 08:03:05 PM
And with a new buyer, e***h ( 7057 ), putting in a bid within the past two hours at $48 (and after the paint disclosure), that lets both the seller and the prior bidders off the hook for an item bid on that was not as described. The current high bidder has high feedback so they either did not read the paint note and now have no recourse, or they want the phone for some reason, maybe parts.

Doug Rose

Kidphone

TelePlay

andre_janew