News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Candlestick Manufacturing

Started by TelePlay, November 06, 2011, 03:14:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TelePlay

Someone has a group of old 8x10 photos for sale on eBay. This one I found the most interesting

http://tinyurl.com/7bmfcuv

Wallphone

I see at least two pictures in that auction including the large one that can be found at Shorpy.com.
Doug Pav

Greg G.

I like this one the best.  I have to say, my grandparent's generation had better values!
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

GG

If those came from Shorpy does that mean the seller is violating someone's copyright?

Re. the first one: looks like a telco reconditioning shop rather than a manufacturing plant.

Re. the 2nd one: looks like the Tea Party and Occupy Wall Street formed a United Populist Front and went in for some humor in their demonstration!

ReneRondeau

The vast majority of pictures on Shorpy are from the Library of Congress and therefore in the public domain. Shorpy sells high resolution images; I'd wager some people are simply downloading the full-size Shorpy images and having them printed out to 8x10 at Costco and selling them on eBay at huge markups.

I've seen a lot of DVDs downloaded from archive.org and burned to disc, then sold on eBay. All perfectly legal, but I'd hate to discover later on that I paid for something I could have downloaded for free.

Babybearjs

and to think this was a real job... you don't see this anymore. as far as the second pic goes, bartenders on strike!
John