News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Today's eBay Absurdity - What Are They Thinking!

Started by McHeath, September 29, 2009, 01:35:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsk

Do you have an AE 90 ...  You may be rich!

Just $1000  ;)  Buy buy buy!!   ;D  http://tinyurl.com/cg9ggw9

Again its something I don't understand  :)

dsk

DavePEI

Quote from: d_s_k on June 20, 2012, 04:20:25 AM
Just $1000  ;)  Buy buy buy!!   ;D  http://tinyurl.com/cg9ggw9

Again its something I don't understand  :)

dsk
You missed the line about this phone is made of platinum, and lovingly painted black :).

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

liteamorn

At that price you would think they would throw in free shipping :)

LarryInMichigan

I wish that I had bought an AE90 before the value skyrocketed :)

Larry

AE_Collector

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on June 20, 2012, 09:18:52 AM
I wish that I had bought an AE90 before the value skyrocketed :)

Larry

How does FIVE for $1000 sound to you Larry? At that price they won't last long so get your orders in quick folks. Colors available for modest upcharge as well.

Terry

dsk

Hard to say no to that, even when shipping makes it expensive  :'(
but if I put in a phone like that, I have to expand the alarm system, get higher insurance etc ;D ;D

dsk

LarryInMichigan

QuoteTake all 3 for $1800, free shipping!

Who could pass on an offer like that?  Would you be willing to swap the phones for a bridge in Brooklyn?

Larry

AE_Collector

Got
Quote from: d_s_k on June 20, 2012, 11:06:57 AM
Hard to say no to that, even when shipping makes it expensive  :'(
but if I put in a phone like that, I have to expand the alarm system, get higher insurance etc ;D ;D
dsk

I have you covered on this too d_s_k.  I guess I am a full service supplier. My sideline is security systems so let you know what alarm parts you want me to send along with the 5 AE 90's and I'll toss it in for another $100 or so.

Terry

Phonesrfun

This may be the same Karen that was posting in here about an AE 90 that had a frequency ringer, and changed it over. 

I'm betting, based on other items in her store that the $1,000 must be a mistake.  Her other phones, while higher in price than we are used to paying are still reasonable retail prices.  This one must be an error.

-Bill G

Karen

HAHAHA!!! Oh how I love you guys.

Yes its me, yes my phones are spendy.  But the only reason thats marked at 1000 is because Ive had "Reserved" phones purchased by other people who dont give a crap if its "reserved" for someone else. So I listed the price super high so no one would touch it.  Waiting for a money order that is much........ much less than $1000.

I knew I'd end up in one of these "haha, that idiot" posts someday :)

Phonesrfun

Wow.  Rustic.  What model is that, and what is the lever for?
-Bill G

old_stuff_hound

I almost hit the "Buy it now" button but then I saw the shipping was £10.... Oh well. ;-)

LarryInMichigan

The term "flood damage" comes to mind.  There was one of these in nice condition on ebay in the USA recently.  I do not recall what the bid amounts were.

Larry

twocvbloke

I stuck in a generous offer of £4.03, I did think of just 3p, but ebay wouldn't let me offer anything under 99p... :D